Cycling Thread 4.0

omg yesss! can’t go wrong with a triban, and also… is that a fizik saddle i spot on it?

2 Likes

Yep, probably cost more than the bike :wink:

@urbanfox no stopping you now! Looks like a great purchase

3 Likes

Carbon fork!!!

2 Likes

:smiley:

I think I borrowed an Arione that Mike had once and thought it was amazing but I had to bail 250km into a 300km ride because it turns out it didn’t like my arse at all

anyway, I do sort of regret selling my Triban as I have said many many times before.

It is.

Was on the lookout for a run around for my new job in the region of £100ish and spotted it and remember seeing you (maybe others too?) giving your old Triban a thumbs up.

Its even got a carbon fork - do I qualify as a full bike wanker now?

3 Likes

Was perfect for my bum. Loved that long nose. Could get some really comfortable positions going on. But saddles are such personal things (as Mike knows, has he found one yet :smiley:)

1 Like

such a great purchase - yep, you’ve done well there! the white one was an upgrade to the red one i had, but i can’t quite remember the difference. the perfect first road bike - but i feel like that isn’t repsecting how capable it is of far more than just being a “first” road bike. i rode mine to work every day, and then did my first forays into touring on it, to the isle of wight and then to paris! also did my first 100 miler on it. ahhhhh. i loved mine.

1 Like

he’s using some really short specialized “power” thing, and various knock offs too.

(i’m still smugly on £20 charge spoons on every single bike)

1 Like

Fully paid up #oneofus

1 Like

Oh no, what have I done!?

Got like 28% COOLER and 7-10w POWERFULLERY

1 Like

Same here re Charge Spoon’s, got them on 4 bikes … and one spare. I’ve sometimes wondered about getting a Brooks but they seem to be a lot of faff (wearing-in, proofing, tensioning).

Brooks are like Doc Martens. Gotta wear them in the bath for a week first :laughing:

2 Likes

Turns out I was exactly right about this.

1 Like

Also today is a milestone, because it’s the first time I have ever gone out riding wearing a piece of cycling-specific kit, namely a fleecy jersey Mrs F bought me for Christmas several years ago.

2 Likes

I’m not counting my cycle clip.

@colinfilth #oneofus

3 Likes

I always was, in spirit.

2 Likes

Was gonna go out today but its cold and wet. Tomorrow, then.

2021’s cycling so far: CBA

5 Likes