Cycling Thread for Normal People who think cycling is just yknow alright or perhaps an inexpensive means of getting from A->B

Hi,

Other thread is insufferable.

Does anyone use self-sealing inners or add slime to their inners (same thing)?

I was sceptical at first but I’ve been having a lot more success lately. I find that I still get punctures BUT if I re-inflate it’s ok.

I tried it a few years ago but I didn’t re-inflate when I got punctures, I went through the whole thing of repairing them. NOT NECESSARY.

I’d like to add slime to your inners.

7 Likes

TINTCTFNPWTCIJYKAOPAIMOGFA>B

1 Like

You can slime in me dumper if you like mate.

3 Likes

That was a reference. (I think)

Fucking hell. The garden centre regulars/reliable petrolheads crossover on here’s getting slimmer by the week. Just me and warny left now.

2 Likes

It was what I was getting at

Do you want to come to Squires for a couple of scoops of Movenpick?

Good timing for this thread. I’m picking up a cheap, albeit quite old, road bike tomorrow. The 4 mile walk to work (and back) is wearing a little thin. Other than that, I will derive no joy from using it.

This isn’t for normal people at all.

3 Likes

It’ll be a grim slog. Welcome to normal-person cycling.

1 Like

It’s all relative.

best amount to spend on a bike, all in?
I reckon about 100 quid

1 Like

Depends

Mate if you think the OP is for “normal people” then you’re delusional

3 Likes

nah

I got a new one for £160 and its pretty shite. Got scared off buying second hand by all the weirdos who pretend that buying a bike is the most important decision of your life (also I had no job at the time and didn’t wanna risk it)

Then I regret not starting this thread earlier. I would imagine the “other” thread seemed like an intimidating place with all it’s talk of “groupsets” (not a real thing) and “carbon” (bikes made out of pencil lead? right!).

If only there were a friendly thread where we could have helped you through that difficult. Truly I am sorry.

1 Like

If you’re spending less than a grand you might as well be riding an actual piece of human shit

11 Likes

Hello I like getting from A to B on a bike, when I can be arsed

3 Likes