Dad jokes 😐... 🙂... 🙄

Hmmm.

Wave weviews shirley?

What do you call four cows with a pack of cards standing on a skyscraper?

High steaks poker.

5 Likes

Yeah, get to fuck with jokes about speech impediments.

3 Likes

I saw a cow with a jumper on earlier. It was a Jersey cow

The one next to it didn’t have one. It was Fresian

15 Likes

No.

Just to be devil’s advocate - is it slightly less bad when it’s on Jonathon Ross, who sort of actively uses his speech impediment for comic effect? Like, he’d be absolutely fine with the joke.

I get that it might not be cool for others who suffer from it but then I also feel the vast majority of them would also make light of it.

What do you call four cows with a pack of cards balancing on a highwire?

Online high steaks poker.

3 Likes

No, but probably be mindful of people who may have such impediments with their speech. He may well have made it as part of his character and been successful with that, but many, many others would have been bullied for it throughout their lives for theirs

7 Likes

^^

Think there’s a big difference between people who suffer with these things choosing to ‘own it’ and laugh at themselves and other people using it as a punchline. Often people use humour as a defence mechanism too, making the joke on themselves before others have a chance to.

3 Likes

Someone who wrote for Jo Brand said the reason she always came out and instantly made a self-deprecating joke about her weight was to beat the hecklers to it. Worked.

2 Likes

That’s definitely something I find has worked in the past, for example when I used to get loads of abuse while throwing people out of pubs, just takes all the weaponry off them.

2 Likes

I tend to mock my own baldness whenever I meet someone new. For some reason people still find that shit fair game so I just take it out of play.

3 Likes

There’s just one thing I can’t deal with…

A pack of cards glued together

17 Likes

Oh god, the latest just in:

“What did the spaghetti say to the pasta sauce when they saw a ball? Let’s play spaghettie ball-ognaise!”

What have I created?

3 Likes

I remember when Chris Evans told a version of this on his Radio 1 Breakfast Show (was “Spielberg making a film about great composers played by action heroes” as the setup). Still fundamentally great, let’s be honest.

1 Like

I remember this from a Bo Burnham vine

Did I tell you about the time I bought shoes from my drug dealer? I don’t know what he laced them with but I was tripping all day.

25 Likes

Took me 5 minutes to walk to the pub last night. But it took me 30 minutes to get back.

The difference was staggering.

26 Likes