Dale Winton RIP

Passed away aged 62

Oh that’s terrible :frowning:

3 Likes

Seemed like a nice bloke.

2 Likes

Omg really?

The next time you’re at the checkout and you hear the beep… remember Dale Winton fondly.

12 Likes

That’s very sad. Feel like he was probably a very important figure given the era he came to prominence in.

9 Likes

Supermarket Sweep was absolutely classic “day off school” telly. RIP, seemed like a good guy.

16 Likes

Thanks GB for the link to this

4 Likes

you just know he was always more self aware than he came across and probably better at what he did than he got credit for.

1 Like

I have a Supermarket Sweep jumper. Might have to wear it tomorrow.

7 Likes

Fucking hell

Awww. Really liked Dale. He was suffering from depression for years, poor guy.

62 is no age to go when you’re that fabulous :cry:

13 Likes

oh man.

spent many a “working from home” day and time after my redundancy watching supermarket sweep on challenge. dale always made a massively monotonous show seem exciting. rip dale.

1 Like

Absolutely. My faves were Wipeout with Bob Monkhouse and Win, Lose or Draw. Every now and again i’d sack school off, come home, smoke my bong for a bit and demolish a whole packet of crackerbreads infront of the lunchtime telly. Happier times, mate.

13 Likes

Really sad news. Many a day off school sick was spent watching Supermarket Sweep. Remember when he ‘married’ Nell McAndrew?

Was trying to remember this earlier - I thought it was Jodie Marsh for some reason.

My old flatmate thought that was real

1 Like

This was a shock and a shame. Supermarket Sweep being on the telly is one of my earliest memories (I remember it from a low angle while presumably crawling about on the floor before I was old enough to be at school in the daytime)

RIP Dale. I remember watching it every day when I was off school for quite a while after having my knee reconstructed.