Damon Albarn’s mansplaining vs Taylor Swift

Ffs what’s this he’s come out with now

I wrote all of Taylor Swift’s songs - Damon Albarn

10 Likes

Blur have just done the old social media profile / cover photo WE ARE TEASING SOMETHING switcheroo, so let’s all speculate wildly.

Also mad that this place doesn’t have a dedicated Blur thread or a HGATR thread at the very least. Or is it just the search function that’s borked?

Wonder if Graham will still be involved after what’s been alleged?

Isn’t it a gig for Andy Ross? I think it’s Blur, Jesus Jones, Idlewild, Dubstar and Supernaturals.

1 Like
2 Likes

Isn’t he busy with Duran Duran now anyway?

I know they were on the FOOD label (I used to read the British Hit Singles guide cover to cover as a wee lad), but my only point of reference for them is a very disparaging remark from Stewie Griffin in a very early Family Guy episode.

They had a no 2 in the US and I think they’ve lived off that for a while.
Fair play to them for grinding on, they played about a 100 max capacity venue in my town last year and it was not sold out

I’ve got their Info Freako single on vinyl. Great song.

5 Likes

Were my favourite band when I first got into music. Doubt was a great album (very of its time though). Right here right now, international bright young thing, real real real, who where why - all very exciting for me in 1990.

Made a Jesus Jones t shirt in home economics.wish I still had it.

1 Like

Same week emf were number 1 I believe. What a time to be alive.

3 Likes

So unbelievable

2 Likes

I can’t have a number 2 without having a number 1 at the same time

3 Likes

Bet you had a number 1 just before though.

No, I saw them a few years ago, they still use them

1 Like

Jesus Jones chat is good to see! They’re still about i think. A friend who puts out loads of hardcore 7s put out a 7inch of theirs a few years back which stands out in his discography but he couldn’t resist getting involved :slight_smile: Can’t really stand them these days but used to enjoy Doubt as a great library loan!

Bit rich coming from a bloke who stole most of his better songs from other artists.

15 Likes

How could he possibly assure that?

1 Like