Dan Lucas

dis writer Dan lucas has passed away.

:frowning:

Was in shock all yesterday. Came out of nowhere. The DiS writers community is really lovely behind the scenes and Dan always made a really big impression

Yeah, this came from nowhere. A really good lad I’m happy to have had the pleasure of knowing.

Fucking hell, a great writer. Lost for words.

Never twigged he was the same bloke who wrote for the Guardian. Absolutely no age to go, horrible stuff.

I don’t know what to say
people shouldn’t die in their 30s

We never spoke but I enjoyed your work Dan
Thoughts to your family and loved ones, may you rest in peace.

:bouquet:

So sad and sudden this. I only met him a couple of times and he seemed like a lovely and funny guy, who really cared about what music and cricket means to people.

Enjoyed his DiS pieces a lot, I always noticed his byline and looked forward to reading them. Very sad to hear.

Grim : (

What, fuck? :frowning:

He fell off a bus a few days ago and broke some bones in his foot and ankle and this seems to have triggered something far more serious.

Oh wow :frowning2:

Heard yesterday, didn’t know him personally but he was a great writer and I understand a great person. Very tragic, thoughts go out to his friends and family x

Always enjoyed your writing Dan, very sad to hear of your passing.

Rest in peace.

Let’s honour his memory by gathering his greatest hits.

I don’t usually like hatchet jobs, but as hatchet jobs go, this one comes from a very good place.

What a terrible loss. RIP.

Totally awful and really sad.

Lovely fella. I wrote this about how I knew him…

Best DiS reviewer. Devastating.

RIP

Always enjoyed his reviews and by all accounts was a lovely bloke :frowning: RIP

Shocking and tragic news. Never met Dan in person but always enjoyed reading his work here, and know a close friend of his who was talking today about how he was such a magnificent human being. Rest in peace.

A lovely tribute over on the Guardian