Dark Souls thread 2.0 featuring other From games with greater or lesser enthusiasm depending (Part 1)

keen for Phase 3 thread (three health bars)

4 Likes

More Souls threads please.

3 Likes

Completely selfish but I’m avoiding the Elden Ring thread until I can play it, so would prefer a clean Dark Souls 3.0 thread. I’ll manage either way though

5 Likes

OK that seems fairly conclusive, thanks all for thoughts.

2 Likes

Please do call it Dark Souls third phase

3 Likes

I plan on picking up the Demon’s Souls remaster in a bit so I’ll definitely need the support of a Dark Souls thread!

2 Likes

Here we go…

3 Likes

^absolutely this.

I’m probably going to start Bloodborne near the end of the year so will need all of the cheerleading provided.

3 Likes

FOR THE GLORY!

Missed the stream, was at a gig, looking forward to you smashing thorough Sekiro a lot.

1 Like

You didn’t miss much! Just cleared the starting area and got rekt by Genichiro, just woke up by the Sculptor and left things there

2 Likes

This is really different isn’t it? Having to unlearn all my bad Bloodborne habits and get good with that deflection discipline.

Trying to remember if I sucked this much when I first started Dark Souls, that General (mini boss?) just a little ways into the Outskirts is giving me a lot of grief. I know what to do but my timing is way off, and keep jumping sideways over his swipes instead of straight up. Also keep crouching mid combat but hey

4 Likes

It really is, you do really have to unlearn your previous fighting tactics from Bloodborne and Dark Souls otherwise the game will really punish you. When it does eventually click the combat in Sekiro can be like nothing else, the rhythms and timings just flow together so seamlessly it can be breathtaking at times.

2 Likes

You got some mini-bosses and main bosses with your blood just waiting for them.

You will get punished but the process of turning that around is more uplifting than any other From game I think. When they fall it seems easy, when they are defeating you it seems almost impossible.

2 Likes

Then you have to again unlearn everything for the Ogre boss

1 Like

Play beats DS3 without walking, or touching the left stick at all. Uses the quickstep function to move around and lock on and bow aiming to change direction. The shear ingeniousness of some of the methods used to get around things like ladders is pretty impressive.

1 Like

ymfah is a god. He beat DS2 without talking to anyone. That means no levelling up, flask upgrades or blacksmith upgrades

he called it the Social Anxiety run lol

3 Likes

Was this the Chained Ogre? If so yeah, felt like a vintage Souls boss, just dodging around to his ass and hacking away. Way easier than the other two pricks I’ve met so far

2 Likes

Is it supposed to be obvious what’s a proper boss and what’s a mini-boss? I’m assuming everyone so far has just been a mini boss but it’s hard to know

Either way felt good bringing this guy down, don’t know really know how I managed it at the end there.

I had very vague memories of people moaning about an early boss/mini-boss where you had to clear a load of enemies first each time before fighting him. Anyway I think I’m there now and yeah, it’s a pain in the ass.

9999 posts, who’s ready to rekindle the flame?

5 Likes

Yes.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies. Continue discussion at Dark Souls thread 2.0 featuring other From games with greater or lesser enthusiasm depending (Part 2).