Dark Souls thread 2.0 featuring other From games with greater or lesser enthusiasm depending (Part 1)

Thanks to the whole Souls community for making the previous thread such a great resource for useful advice and encouragement! Let’s start off with a poll

• I’ve played Demon’s Souls before and can’t wait for the remaster
  • Played it before and not bothered about the remaster
  • Never played it before and can’t wait
  • Never played it before and not fussed

0 voters

DiS Twitch streamers:

@midnightpunk

@daggers

@yeahetc

@SuoTempore

1 Like

New thread!

YESSSSS!!

I have played Demon’s Souls before and have it on my PS3 hard drive. I honestly think I’m going to hold off on the PS5 until it is smaller, but I’ll probably cave in and buy it.

3 Likes

Fingers crossed it’s coming to PC eventually, after they change their tune another 7 or 8 times

I wish they’d return to Armoured Core.

Never played it before, very much fussed, but will never own a platform I can play it on :sob:

2 Likes

New thread. New ways. Thanks to @daggers I may be set to bring him down.

really missed an opportunity to call it Dark Souls Thread Phase 2

5 Likes

I forgot to mention, I’d swap out the hornet ring for the estus ring, and maybe either Lloyd’s instead of that life ring

1 Like

good rolling man you’re playing really well!

1 Like

This is it now.

That was a warm up.

I’ve got him now. This time.

that’s the best I’ve seen you fight this boss. A bit more composure and I reckon you’ve got it

also I forgot to mention once your blue bar is empty you can’t use the fire buff anymore so don’t get caught out/confused right during the battle

1 Like

So freakin’ excited then.

1 Like

Composure. This time. He’ll meet his maker.

Ah man, keep an eye on your item bar, that trips everyone up don’t worry

I think I’ve got used to juggling the menu now but was slipping up big time.

I’ve grown to just flat out fight him which I know is wrong but that is so damn enjoyable.

Back soon, will pop a message when I’m streaming again.

He’s down tonight, I know I’ve been saying that for almost 2 weeks - but tonight he is definitely down.

1 Like

Back on, Twitch link up thread a little.

Time to put that stapler down G Man.

Love kicking him so much, C’MON!!

1 Like

What a fight this is. Absolutely glorious. I am going to take him down.

Played it before. Undecided about the remaster. Bloodborne decided my console fate this gen. Demon’s won’t.

While I recognise its influence in the sequels, it has always felt to me to be a prototype for DarkS which refined and improved upon it. I was interested in the Demon’s remaster until I saw the price and Sony’s complete disaster of a launch of the PS5.

The original Demon’s had a lot of potential upgrade paths but they were mostly useless because the upgrade materials needed hours of farming. Certainly interested to see if they have changed drop rates / lizard respawns.