Dark Souls thread 2.0 featuring other From games with greater or lesser enthusiasm depending (Part 1)

I’m not ready to face O/S myself, so I’m going to be mean and stop others

1 Like

At duke’s archives and made the error of trying to go up the lift a few times and ending up back in jail. I’m a very silly and forgetful boy.

1 Like

Hmmmm… Spent two hours exploring the Nightmare Frontier tonight and picked up loads of stuff, but also burned through all my vials, so am all out again.

I keep getting to those big brain bastards and getting one shot killed everytime. Tried sneaking past them, laying into them, burning them… just got no idea.

Is this an area I’ve hit too early or is worth ploughing on with? Or shall I bail?

Also, the slowdown in this area is terrrribbbllllle-e-e

Just made it to the boss. But died from poisoning as I entered the area. And I can’t see a shortcut or lantern to get there quickly?

Love the look of this area but it’s a real grind…

From somewhat distant memory the boss there is not too difficult. Try again and you will be victorious.

1 Like

Just looked at a video of the area and there seems to be a tiny gravestone lying on its side that if I walk over it, stops the fall damage I incur and instadeath moment. So I’ll try another route tomorrow.

I know there’s a lift around here somewhere…

There is a shortcut I’m sure but cannot fully remember. I do recall the Boss, if you have health is not a major problem. Not the best area in the game but some amazing moments ahead of you.

1 Like

as you get close to the boss area, when you get passed the brain bastard instead of turning left up that little walkway into the boss arena carry on straight and then up to the right to find the short cut elevator that leads back to the first lamp.

2 Likes

You can’t go wrong here @vamos Strong advice as always from @Marwood

Kudos.

2 Likes

Welcome to the frenzy status effect. It sucks. It is basically a effect that gets you as long as you are in line of sight of that enemy. The sedatives are useful to stop the effect building up so get ready to pop one of those if the effect bar gets near to being full.

1 Like

The absolute worst.

1 Like

Cheers. Yeah it’s fucking horseshit.

Kinda enjoyed BB more than DS because it didn’t have any of those unfair ‘WTF?’ bits in to date, like the frogs in the Depths.

stock up on sedatives and run past the brain enemies. There is definitely a shortcut for the boss so look around before going through the fog

1 Like

He’s all talk. I tuned in for a bit and saw him dropping little gifts for everyone.

1 Like

Frenzy build up is also tied to insight, so you can go spend some at the shop in hunter’s dream to make it a little slower.

1 Like

If it’s a one on one and I feel overpowered, sometimes I feel generous. Then again, sometimes I feel like teaching them a lesson.

1 Like

It’s the worst thing about the game. Even if you kill them, the frenzy will continue to build for a bit. Running past them as quickly as possible is my normal method of action.

2 Likes

Pure Evil.

2 Likes

Starting to think you can have too much of a good thing! Feeling a bit burnt out after rinsing this game for the last 2 weeks (45 hrs apparently :grimacing:).

I made it to Archdragon Peak, and I’m glad I did cos it’s a great location. Blue sky! I’ve beaten the Ancient Wyvern which was a fun, different boss. Nameless King tho… damn. I’m not sure I’ve got it in me for another multi phase boss fight after Sister Friede.