Dark Souls thread 2.0 featuring other From games with greater or lesser enthusiasm depending (Part 1)

Don’t remember this boss at all! Is it some big hooded dude at the back of the church or is that one before Aldritch? Might’ve missed them completely.

It’s DLC after Demons but before Gael/Midir. Player invasions are common just didn’t think there would be any at SL1 and the guy would be so easy

1 Like

Back in for my hour of potential glory, Twitch link near top of this thread if anyone wants a gander at near certain failure.

This has gone on too long.

It is glorious but his time has come and he is coming the fuck down.

He’s broken me. I admit defeat here.

Dude! You got all the way there without being embered!?

Nah. You’ve got it all down. You were just running away too much at the end cos you were out of Estus.

1 Like

I always fight him unembered but I’ve started to take one during the last phase to keep me alive. Taking it then and getting taken down when it restored immediately tells me it’s time to stop for the night. I love the first phase so much, it’s better than Friede or at least equal. I know what he does on phase three but I just can’t fully manage it.

Back tomorrow for another hour of power defeat.

I’ve probably spent 50 hours on the last two Bosses and one of them is still alive. Incredible really. Wouldn’t have it any other way.

Yeah, I did something like that with a few bosses just to manage the supply. Think it might be worth cracking it out at the break between phases when there’s a bit more time rather when you’re already out.

I tend to have Estus left at the beginning of P3 and have had as many as 5, my strategy, which is yet to work, is to take one when my health is almost flat out. I did the same thing with Humanity on the Four Kings and I don’t think I’ll ever beat the buzz that gave me - this will be close, if he ever comes down.

To think I thought we were buddies, I hate him but find his tears a little endearing.

Gael Force Tuesday awaits… I’ll get him.

Don’t forget you can get 4 more estus uses

I did a pretty comprehensive look from your guide, might look around again later, does increasing the level of the red hand thing make much difference as I could level that?

That was a list of bone shards, but there are 4 more estus shards lying around

red thing? pyro glove? Wouldn’t hurt if you have the resources

Yup the pyro glove, I am close to being able to level it to +7 just need one more chunk which I can buy or squeeze outta a knight or something.

here are the shard locations, you are missing 4 of these

• High Wall of Lothric: On an anvil in the room where you get the Cell Key
  • Undead Settlement: By the burning tree with worshipping undead. This is to the left of the Undead Settlement bonfire, past the house
  • Road of Sacrifices: From the Crucifixion Woods bonfire head towards the Crystal Sage. Pass under the small bridge. The shard will be on the left side of the ruins near a fire that has two Lycanthrope.
  • Farron Keep: Go straight out from the starting bonfire. The shard is near a fallen tower guarded by slugs.
  • Cathedral of the Deep: Right outside the Cleansing Chapel bonfire where enemies are praying
  • Smouldering Lake: On a body near a hole from the Old King’s Antechamber bonfire. Look for an illusory wall in the bonfire room.
    • Alternatively there is a separate path that leads you to the opposite side of the hole and can be reached if you go down the hall to the right of the one containing a black knight behind an illusionary wall
  • Irithyll Dungeon: From the bonfire, walk forward into the dungeon and turn right. Now go straight, head through the locked gate that requires the Jailbreaker’s Key, then drop down. Go right into the room and there should be a chest which is a mimic that contains the shard.
    • Alternatively, as you play through the level you will eventually reach an open area with 3 enemies, one who will shoot a crossbow at you from beside an archway, one with an axe, and one who will ambush you from behind. Kill these enemies, proceed through the archway and there will be a mimic on your right. This mimic will drop the Estus Shard when killed.
  • Anor Londo: In a chest on the first floor of the large dark room with the Deacons (before the Aldrich fog wall). Enter from the double doors and hug the left wall to find it.
  • High Wall of Lothric/Consumed King’s Garden: From Dancer of the Boreal Valley bonfire, climb up the ladder and go first left. Proceed down the stairs and kill the knight standing in front of the elevator. Use the elevator and jump out halfway, onto the wooden ledge. The Estus Shard is down the stairs to the right.
  • Lothric Castle: From Grand Archives bonfire, on the top of Lothric Castle near the Winged Knights. From the ladder that takes you to the Hunter’s Ring, you will see an archway that leads to a lower roof/balcony. Estus Shard will be found all the way out near the railing.
  • Firelink Shrine: Purchase the Tower Key and get to the bridge that overlooks the Shrine. Drop down and find a window that allows you to get inside and get the shard on the rafters.
    • Alternatively, go upstairs and outside and find the tree near the raised area with loot on it, then run up the tree and jump onto the raised area - no key needed!
1 Like

Beat down the Bell Gargoyle(s).

Beaten down by Capra Demon.

5 Likes

Just had a little lunchtime blast.
Capra Demon? CRAPra Demon more like.

Lit the bonfire in the depths then had to go back to spreadsheets.

2 Likes

what was your starting gift?

The little lad’s ring or whatever it’s called