Dark Souls thread 2.0 featuring other From games with greater or lesser enthusiasm depending

Well done! This dickhead was the absolute bane of my first ds2 run

1 Like

That boss is really setup for summoning in some support so taking it down by yourself is always a tough fight. If there are two of you then one person can distract him whilst the other shoots him with the giant ballista in the boss arena

1 Like

No way! How did I not see that ballista :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

because he smashes it down within 30 sec of the fight

1 Like

I took the Dragonslayer Armour out on the fourth attempt.

It smashed me up three times and then I summoned Eyron (?) and that absolutely changed the power dynamic.

I had a little wander around the Grand Archives but I still need to find the other Sage.

3 Likes

It’s there in the background?

oh well I meant usually

Ruin Sentinels are wrecking my shit!

Oh they suck so much - think there might be an order that makes it easier? Like there’s one on the top level of the room isn’t there? Sure there’s someone you can summon round there too.

Yeah think Ive come in the right way, always end up just 1 on 1. But the platform is tiny and it keeps going wrong. The run up is a bit tedious too.

Gonna hold off summoning whoever that fella is for a few more tries and see where I get to

1 Like

strike weapon. There’s one nearby that gives you the best chance. A bit convoluted to get there though. You could always come back to this boss when you’re a bit stronger, as there’s other paths available

1 Like

Streamin’ da Souls…

Did more exploring in the Grand Archives.

Killed pretty much everything in here at least once including the Outrider Knight and the three warriors at the top of the roof before finding the shortcut and returning to the shrine to spend my obscene soul wealth.

I still have’t cashed in The Consumed King’s or Dragonslayer’s soul - none of the gear available looks that useful to me if I’m honest and I’ve done alright so far with what I have.

1 Like

The Boss weapons are fun to play around with but none of them are must haves so if you have already found a weapon that you like the moveset for and is working for you then there is no harm is sticking with it.

2 Likes

I am utterly consumed by fear of missing out - what if the Dragonslayer Shield is going to change my game completely and I make the Blade instead? What if I just use the souls to upgrade my strength or something?

Whatever I do, I’ll slightly regret doing it so I’ll probably end the game with about six boss souls sitting in my inventory.

The mantra of a true SoulsBorne player.

2 Likes

boss souls aren’t worth THAT much and you can always farm later game areas if you’re short. I reckon trade them in and check out the cool gear :call_me_hand:t4:

3 Likes

how do I get into this building? There’s a crystal lizard there so definitely programmed to be reached. It’s the building housing a bonfire.

Don’t you have to cross over where there’s a gate in the left hand corner (if you’re approaching the main part of the town from the bonfire), then it takes you round the battlements, and you can jump on the lil hillock outside where all the slime crawlers are on your way? I can’t parse the images very well so I might be in completely the wrong place!

1 Like

Can’t get Yhorm down, quick stream before night shift.