Dark Souls Thread - Phase 3

bleh.

That was a perfect P1/P2 though

1 Like

You got P1/ P2 now, much less healing then needed.

Lay it on him. Youā€™ve got his move set down now.

Take him down.

Oh fuggg dude youā€™re close

2 Likes

You have totally got this now.

1 Like

just do a jump for the lightning and throw it back boyyyy

1 Like

whiffed it

got stuck in that doorway!! Unlucky

School him.

You have got this.

Stopping for now, back later!

1 Like

I knew in my head when I was ready then I took him down the very next go (it did take me over 30 hours though).

When his is visibly staggered P1/2 you can damage him more. You are confident with that part, no criticism. Take it to him, you know when to stand off and your Mikiriā€™s are mostly excellent. The Mikiri is all about confidence, belief. Believe you will pull a Mikiri off and you will.

A little more confidence P3 and he will fall. Also take note of what @daggers is suggesting, that will destroy him.

1 Like

Getting the hang of the dang spider but thereā€™s a lot of combos that you can get stuck in (literally) that completely destroy you. Grasses are running low now too and Iā€™ve fucked the world tendency!

1 Like

just cheese him with arrows lol

Only got a crossbow and by the time the animationā€™s done heā€™s got me with fireballs! Plus Iā€™m determined to not go the easy route in this game - I was quite carefree with ER so I want a bit more of an uncompromising experience with this one!

thereā€™s a spot you can stand where the fireballs donā€™t hit you. Maybe they took it out of the remaster. I got fed up with that boss trying melee close up

1 Like

Thereā€™s some stanchions along the tunnel? Just seem to get randomly get coated in web sometimes, when youā€™re close up, and the animation to recover from it takes aaaaages (usually when the flood of flame is coming!).

You know how I said I wouldnā€™t cheese that spider?I LIED!

3 Likes

Letā€™s get this one out of the way. Short, bit throwaway, but fun and satisfying. Four attempts

And then FINALLY. Thank fuck this is over, fourteen attempts later

Not much to say on this that hasnā€™t already been said. Iā€™m still a teensy bit bitter about the third phase with a completely new mechanic (takes so long to get to in order to practice it, and then a few slip ups and youā€™re back to the start. Frustrating) but itā€™s such a great, fun fight I canā€™t really complain. Was a bit sloppy in the second phase but really got the hang of just fucking him up, super super fun.

Away for a few days now so Iā€™m glad thatā€™s done, would have been depressing having that hanging over me until I got back :upside_down_face:

@midnightpunk sorry for not replying on Twitch, I didnā€™t have it open in front of me!

8 Likes

Really enjoyed watching these! I tuned in for a bit last night and saw you so nearly do it. I was on the fence about Sekiro until this bossā€¦ felt like the moment everything clicked, and I reckon itā€™s my favourite From game.

Bouncing off ER at the moment and youā€™re tempting me to do a NG+.

3 Likes

I could tell the moment you went to him in the victory fight he would fall. Confident and dominant, thatā€™s whet he is but thatā€™s what @TVDenimChap was and took the fight to G. Well done. Enjoyed watching that in real time. No apologies necessary.

Great boss and the final phase when I realised it was there destroyed me for a while. If you can defeat him the game is yours to take. Incredibly, there is a better boss aheadā€¦maybe 2 evenā€¦

Super Saturday

Eurovision
The FA Cup Final
ā€¦ and G Falls.

2 Likes

Such a good fight. I can still remember how in my first playthrough I used a completely different technique to beating him than I do in subsequent playthroughs because at that stage I still hadnā€™t broken my dodge habbit and embrased the parry.

One of Froms best bosses down, still several more to go in this game.

2 Likes