Dark Souls Thread - Phase 3

I can knock him down, but his health bar is still so high. He is so fast. I can’t see that it’s possible to get him down right now. I can progress to a completely new area but surely he should come down first to complete this whole area fully. He’s a freakin’ nightmare Tachibane Munchinge is his name I think. I’m not getting much screen time with him. It’s great, but he’s too quick.

If I block him his damage goes straight through my block. No way he is coming down.

It’s literally over in seconds. He’s like Cinders meets G meets final Sekiro Boss and he’s just to mark the end of the area I think.

1 Like

He’s got everything. If you keep him distant he starts shooting you, if you go close he destroys you. If you attack he blocks.If you block he cuts straight through it. If you keep him mid range he puts some crazy spell on you. All this plus he is lighting fast. AND HE PARRY’S. AND ONE SHOTS! Unbelievable stuff.

Never seen anything like this.

I hurt him!. Still on 3/4 health, but that was a proper first time dent.

At least he politely bows each time he kills you.

Seen him do it 60 times in an hour now.

Thought I’d caused him a real problem for the first time ever as he was sprawled on the ground barely alive… then I realised…THAT WAS ME :crazy_face:

WHAT A FIGHT THIS IS! Absolutely wild. Gave him a small dose of his own medicine. Not seen a parry like that in this game yet. Nowhere near getting him but I can at last feel a small weakness.

He is destroying me.

Woof

2 Likes

Thank God TVDC posted. I was in 10 consecutive post jail. Anyway…

No area to clear. No walk up. You start the level and he is there in a field waiting. It’s just so immediate. He is so fast and powerful. I do feel he needs his stamina down and then you can lay it on him.

An average attempt lasted less than 20 seconds. He’s killed me over 100 times easily in an hour or so. Yet it feels like I could do it. It actually feels like an Arcade game from the 80’s. 10p in the slot. Dead. Another 10p. The combat in Nioh is truly outstanding. This is a boss and a half here. It hasn’t got the theatrics of Elden Ring but when I was clicking with the combat then the rush and sync with the game felt better. It really did.

I don’t even feel anything like rage quitting because the boss is so good.

1 Like

:joy:

1 Like

No Souls Boss has put me down a) this many times, and b) so quickly.

What do I do?

Never seen anything like this. It’s such a great fight, but he is impossible. He defends so well. He’s too quick.

I get a quarter off his health bar and I start buzzing. It’s that hard. He is so fast.

I am never going to look this up (how to get him down). I am never going to watch a video. What an incredible fight. Makes Genichiro look like that straw chewing regular enemy in Bloodborne. Okay, mild exaggeration, maybe.

I can sense a small weakness in him when his stamina is down, plus it seems he doesn’t like to be cornered. These are hunches as an average attempt is less than 20 seconds. I’m not even finding it mildly frustrating because the fight is that good.

If I get a parry on him or he goes down to the floor and I get a big hit in on him the elation is crazy considering I am still nowhere near finishing him off. Anytime you make some headway with him he one shots or just seems to get even faster.

2 Likes

BatBorne!

3 Likes

I thought for a moment when I saw you typing that you were going to point out or suggest that Nioh’s Tachibane Muchinge is a Mini-Boss or something :crazy_face:

1 Like

If he was the end of game Boss, I’d believe that.

The fact he seems to mark the end of an area is WILD and points at madness ahead, if I ever beat him.

Housemate who is never here as he works away always (perfect) is here. He bought some games from the games shop on the High Street earlier and just showed me them. First one he shows me is Call Of Duty: World At War. Politely I suggest yeah that’s okay, worth £2. The second game, which cost him a tenner was Bloodborne. I told him to change his set up and hook back up his PS4. He only plays Driver and has a PS1 set up. he has all 4 PS consoles. I told him it is the greatest game ever made and went on some 10 minute rant explaining just how good it is and he didn’t say a single word whilst I explained.

He’s setting up his PS4 right now.

4 Likes