Dark

I had similar feelings but, honestly, it ties the ending up really nicely from what I remember

Loved the first series and then even with that little Netflix map I got totally lost in who was who. By the middle of the third series I was just watching to complete it

1 Like

Yes, I loved it! Going to have to watch it all again sometime soon.

I had no idea what this post was about, but then on the last episode I changed something and got a different type of subtitle that included this stuff.

Oh. My. God. It was so annoying! So glad that I didn’t see it before then.

Also draws attention to the fact that most of the time this series is just a close up of Jonas’s face looking fucking blank.

Yup, that was how I felt about the whole third season. I didn’t enjoy it at all, but needed some form of closure, so we forced ourselves to get to the end. I have to admit that from pretty much the point that I started this thread onwards, my opinion shifted massively on this series.

I enjoyed the first series outright. Then on the second, I was allowing myself extra confusion in the sense that there’d be some payoff for it all, a similar sensation I applied too much back when I watched the first two seasons of Lost. But then towards the end of the second season I realised… I don’t care anymore. These characters are all shitty, and if I see another elongated scene that is just a close up on someone’s conflicted face, then I’m going to lose it.

1 Like

So I finally saw the last episode…

Seriously? Basically the last two episodes are like “Oh yeah, so the twist is… Nothing that happened before this point actually matters lol. Turns out there’s a third universe where the stuff that actually matters happened. By the way, this is Claudia, and I’m telling you this without explaining why I know this, and for some reason there’s only one way for you to visit this world and it’s really fucking convoluted”.

So many character motivations, subplots, relationships, unexpected actions just boiled down to “they were all just missing the point completely”. The supposed satisfaction in the payoff just comes from the fact that they found a way where they didn’t have to explain all that in much depth because they made it so you don’t care, essentially boiling every story, twist and plotline into the equivalent of watching their little children playing together too seriously and finding it all adorable.

Also, why did old Martha flip out when Jonas showed that he’d unloaded the gun. She didn’t know that was exactly how she was gonna die, just that she was gonna die at some point that day because her younger self found the body. So much of the ending felt like a rushed and simultaneous epiphany of everyone suddenly realising that the end was coming.

The only things I liked about the ending were: The idea that some of the characters didn’t even exist in the original world, they were tumours that just made everything worse. This did explain some of the awful actions of the people well, and the whole fact that there were three worlds in the end. 33 years, the triangular thing etc. it was a nice consistent theme.

The one part I will leave unspoilered is that in retrospect, I wouldn’t recommend this series to others who might be wondering if it’s worth a watch.