Daughters

They don’t have their own thread here.

They deserve their own thread here.

You Won’t Get What You Want is a classic. Just amazing from start to finish.

Now there is a thread.

9 Likes

One of my fave albums from last year. Not managed to see them live yet though sadly.

1 Like

This. Had never head any of them until last year and You Won’t Get What You Want blew my mind. Satan in Wait is enormous.

Saw them live in April there, apparently they’d all fallen out before the show so played properly raging and moody. Singer apologised and said we deserved better honestly I think it added to the whole thing.

1 Like

A mate of mine got heavily into their first record of Locust-esque minute long hardcore freakouts with delightful titles like, “Pants - Meet Shit” way back when. I’d like to say I predicted great things but I don’t think anyone foresaw the path they ended up taking. Saw them on the Hell Songs tour and then again at ArcTanGent - it’s safe to say they’ve come along a tad in between…

1 Like

I’ve not heard much else like it tbh. It’s on my decade list

5 Likes

Just behind double negative for me. Incredible album. Great live band too

2 Likes

Same for me - finally seeing them on October 31, which is fitting given they’re very much end of the world music. Need that album cover on a t shirt too

3 Likes

I’m gonna watch them in a couple of weeks in an old abattoir building. Can’t flipping wait, the album is unreal intense.

2 Likes

I still really like the Canada Songs stuff as well

2 Likes

I didn’t think there would be another album after the 2011 release. So glad I was wrong!

Feels silly/hyperbolic to say this but their show at the Brudenell this year was one of the best gigs I’ve ever been to.

Going to see them again in Islington, and if they’re even half as good I’ll be happy.

4 Likes

Can’t wait for Halloween to see em, couldn’t make the April gig earlier this year. Awesome band

2 Likes

The brudenell show was great aye

1 Like

listened to that last one once or twice, thought it was ok, didn’t really get the urge to listen to it any more. maybe shoudl revisit it, it just seemed like quite a generic industrial rock album so I don’t really get the comments here

Genuinely disturbing record - very Girl Band/industrial/noise/punk/terror that unsettles me. I think it’s brilliant though, a massive departure from the grindcore stuff, but I think it’s better though.

The Reason They Hate Me is an absolute rager.

Only really heard Canada and Hell Songs though, is the self-titled any good?

4 Likes

To these old ears, the self titled is closest in sound to the new one and easily my second favourite - I’m also not so much a fan of the grindcore stuff. If you like the new one you should definitely check it out

3 Likes

Canada Songs is great. Really looking forward to the Halloween gig

1 Like

+1

Oh and that’s my favorite track :hocho: The whole album is insane but that one is a plus

1 Like

I interviewed Alexis before they played Nijmegen last Saturday.

This is me and him.

7 Likes

This belongs here

2 Likes

I do think about this meme everytime I hear that.

If Daughters were on The Eric Andre Show performing this that would be chef’s kiss

1 Like