Daughters

This one is great. Sounds like a demented Queens of the Stone Age. Wonderful guitar tone.

2 Likes

They haven’t been on The Eric Andre Show, but they have been on fishcenter

1 Like

Great subtle JAG!

3 Likes

Worth it for the uncovering of another u2 and Billy Idol apologist

1 Like

Yep, 31st October can hurry up already.

2 Likes

cannae feckin wait

2 Likes

Seeing Daughters at Ramsgate Music Hall was my gig of the year.

Stunning energy: really tight and technical band with explosive (and literally dangerous) singer. Was near the front and managed to escape without being covered in his blood* and spit, but only just.

*came on stage with a bleeding head wound and never mentioned where it came from!

3 Likes

I hope I get covered in blood - it’s halloween

4 Likes

Looks like he’s always got an abrasion recovering on his forehead

3 Likes

For anyone who’s going to Thursday’s show and likes to know set times, the good people of Islington Assembly Hall tell me that Jeromes Dream will be on at 7.45 and Daughters will be on at 8.45. (I have some lengthy travel into London, so like to plan around set times, if I can.)

Very excited for this gig.

1 Like

Jerome’s Dream were decent in Stockholm too, worth checking them out.

1 Like

Having seen them live last year my advice is to bring a spare face with you to the gig as the one you’re wearing will be melted off

4 Likes

they’re stll around?

Still Jeroming and dream in equal measure, it seems.

1 Like

The new album wasn’t doing a lot for me, so I wasn’t planning on quite such a mad post-work dash, but maybe I should have me some Jeromes Dream action after all.

1 Like

Yeah, their new album is rubbish. Didn’t realise they were supporting Daughters over here though so that’s annoying as would like to see them.

The best stuff Jeromes Dream did was the last tracks they did before they split up - his vocal chords were all fucked from the singing without a mic so they have more of a noise rock/weird edge. They are the first tracks on the discography if i remember right.

Little bit surprised at people not liking the Jeromes Dream album, but that seems to be the consensus. It’s nowhere near as good as that discography release but I think it’s decent. Maybe I’m easily pleased!

1 Like

Does he still sing without a mic? Either way, I didn’t even know they were playing, I’ll make sure I’m there in plently of time tonight

FYI the times are now a little later according to facebook:

Doors: 7
JD: 8
Daughters: 9:05

Hope that doesn’t fuck things up for you.

Tonight should be great!

2 Likes

Pretty gutted to be missing them again tonight