Daughters

2 Likes

Both tracks released so far have me quite excited for this album.

Listened to Alexis’s solo album last night. Man… bleak as fuck, but really fucking good.

Also, criminally, I have not listened to You Wont Get What You Want for nearly a year and a half. Listening now and MY GOD I forgot how good it is.

6 Likes

CW: Domestic abuse

Lingua Ignota = Kristin Hayter who used to be together with Alexis Marshall

She wrote the first album about him?

CN: sexual and physical abuse

fuck Alexis

5 Likes

Oh my god that’s utterly horrible.

Fuck that guy. Fuck. Loved that band too.

I remember listening to their last one and thinking “finally, a band to scratch that Swans itch i’ve had since I stopped listening them”. Turns out I’m now gonna have to find someone else.

What an utter cunt. And to do it to someone who he knows has had such a shitty past? Fuck him forever.

7 Likes

Absolutely horrific, no words. And that Kristen reached out to someone from the band and got no response, awful.

Surely there will have to be a police investigation?

This needed a response from DiS months ago

See; October

I don’t know what to say it’s so horrific. And the rest of the band didn’t even respond to her? So shameful. Won’t be listening to them again.

Hoping that for Lingua it’s all upwards from here. It’s fucking brutal.

1 Like

His response is quite insulting. In it, he denies everything, implies that she did bad things too, and then has the threat of legal action. No accountability, no ownership. I don’t think any apology would have been enough, but this feels wretched.

Also he was dropped by the label that put out his solo stuff:

Daughters appear to have put work on the next album on hold. Can’t see them coming back from this, and they shouldn’t.

Absolutely horrific stuff reading that. What an utter prick.

Can only hope that when she reached out to the person in the band that they were also manipulated by Alexis, but they have no excuse now after reading that and should absolutely show solidarity with Kristen, admit they were wrong and distance themselves from Alexis.

1 Like

Yeah fuck this guy - what a prick. Utterly reprehensible.

Sargent House showing themselves to be an exceptional label once again- fair play.

Was so surprised when Daughters came back, and pleasantly so, but now they get in the fucking bin forever

2 Likes

Having read Kristin’s statement, this surely doesn’t come as a surprise, sadly, right?

3 Likes

She was interviewed by Fantano last night and speaks about it in the last ten minutes or so if anyone’s interested (though the conversation about the album in general is really interesting before that)

2 Likes

Where can his response be read?