Dawn Foster has died

Immensely sad. Feel like we really needed her

7 Likes

Absolutely tragic. This has really hit me (I was going to say ‘for some reason’ here but it’s just really fucking sad). Fuck. Absolutely no age. Such a brilliant writer.

:frowning:

6 Likes

Oh my god :pensive:

3 Likes

Fuck

1 Like

This is so sad

1 Like

Feel so genuinely sad about this - she would talk about having seizuers, and being hospitalised, but I didn’t realise how life-threatening it was.

She was just generally one of the best journalists out there.

This is a nice thread.

1 Like

FFS we really did need her. Thought she was quiet when I didn’t see her over Sunday.

1 Like

One of her pals has suggested donating to one of the charities she supported and linked to this one: Freedom Project | Dogs Trust

Gonna give a bit of money. Just floored by this tbh. She was younger than me.

5 Likes

Such a shame, seemed like such a reliable and genuine voice in the world

1 Like

God that’s really sad. Always enjoyed her writing and her twitter account, and one of the few of those left wing journalists/twitter personalities to be very tuned into Northern Ireland politics. I’m sure she would have had a lot to say about this week’s events.

Always felt bad seeing her tweets about being in hospital all the time but really wasn’t expecting this.

1 Like

Saw it on twitter just now and felt numb. She tweeted so often and so directly about her health issues, but it still feels like a total lightning bolt. I didn’t always agree with her takes but she was obviously a force for good and an essential follow. Heart goes out to her friends and family.

2 Likes

Horrendous news. Really one of the most informative, compassionate and witty voices in journalism. She massively shaped my own worldview.

6 Likes

Not to get all Limmy but I can’t stop thinking about when I met her a few years ago. She was so bubbly and had so much energy and was just a force of fucking nature, really.

9 Likes

She wrote about a lot more than just that obv but I was especially affected by her writing and tweets about illness and disability, obv informed by her own experience and made her such an important voice. Seemed like such a sound person. Can’t believe it :frowning:

5 Likes

:sparkling_heart:

28 Likes

Oh no, that’s really shocking. Totally unbelievable. Didn’t know her personally but anytime a new piece of her writing popped up (or even a Twitter thread from her tbh) it was always a treat. The kind of journalist that this country is sorely lacking, and seemed an incredibly sound person. This is really horrible news.

3 Likes

Awful news. An inspiration in many ways and an important voice that will be truly missed.

2 Likes

Dawn was one of the few reasons I’d bother logging onto twitter. This is so sad.

2 Likes

Feels like my entire feed is people paying heartfelt tribute at the moment.

6 Likes

This is a good thread, too.

1 Like