DC Films and Comic thread inc Snyder Cut take

In slow motion

1 Like

Dawn of Justice gave us Sexy Batman Workout with tyres you only see in Strongest Man tv shows. I was hoping for a sequel in JL.

These are both excellent
:grinning:
Number 2 is absolutely perfect

1 Like

Finished it. Absolutely shite

2 Likes

For clarity, Affleck has been in some decent films but he is usually about as good as a plank. It doesn’t necessarily detract but he’s not a good performer

1 Like

Quite like Argo can’t really think of any other films Affleck has been in that I like.

I enjoyed Mallrats a lot at the time and I think he’s got a cameo.

He’s done a couple of very Boston films that were decent enough.

Paycheck is a Philip K Dick story that Woo (I think) directed so it doesn’t need acting chops.

1 Like

He was the mother fucking bomb in Phantoms!

1 Like

Thought this was better than the original but still pretty bad. The bit we’re that woman starts singing and then sniffs aquamans jumper was pretty odd.

6 Likes

If forgotten that bit. So weird.

Thing about Aquaman, right? What’s with his obsession with just throwing his clothes and empty bottles on the ground or into the sea? You’d have thought he’d have a little more consideration for waste and it ending up wrapped around a dolphin’s beak (???). Absolute twat!

9 Likes

Just read a bit in a comics new digest email that said it’s caused a lot of discourse online and people who’ve seen it tend to dig it but actual numbers for the film have been quite low and DC lads have firmly said they’re not doing any more Snyder films now. Ouch.

Glad it’s all been settled and the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut lads can all move on with their lives

2 Likes

I guess ultimately to people who are only casual fans of superhero stuff this is just a director’s cut of a film they either didn’t care enough about to see in the first place, or weren’t fussed about if they did see it. There’s quite a lot of background to digest to understand why you might watch this.

1 Like

Also, putting something on NowTV is like saying “yeah, you can watch this, but you’ll have to be punched in the face first, and again a couple of times during the film when you least expect it”

1 Like

Doesn’t surprise me - 4 hr version of a fairly badly received 4 year old film. Why would anyone want yo watch that?

I quite want to watch it as a curiosity, certainly not excited about the concept tho!

1 Like

Would also highlight that external analytics companies viewing numbers are generally speaking bullshit

Fucking hell has it been 4 years? Felt like it had only just come out.

1 Like

2017 apparently! So maybe 3 and a bit

hey you! didn’t fancy this film the first time around? well check this out, now it’s twice as long!

…still no? well okay then

9 Likes