DC Films and Comic thread inc Snyder Cut take

Respectfully disagree.

The film might be crap but never really trust these test screenings rumour mill, especially in this case when weirdos on the internet will inevitably jump on it to say it’s all clearly Amber Heard’s fault

1 Like

I hear by declare the result of what the good DCU films are…

The Good:
Shazam
Wonder Woman (Until the last act)
Teen Titans go to the movies
The Suicide Squad

The Fuckin awful, need burying at the bottom of the Ocean in that big trench in the Aquaman film.

The rest of them.

1 Like

Thought the first Aquaman was fine - by the numbers, definitely too long, but rescued by all the really imaginative and fun production design. I feel like I saw it in the IMAX at Christmas too, which I imagine only helped with what I liked about it.

If this one is testing badly I can half believe it’s because of the numerous release date changes and the behind-the-scenes studio shakeups, cos Warners/DC have form in this. But it isn’t out until Christmas, so I imagine they’re testing now with an eye to doing reshoots?

3 Likes

Man Of Steel was good until it got to the smashing of the city bit

2 Likes

Birds Of Prey absolutely rips, Wonder Woman is v good until Thewlis turns into a PS2 God Of War boss, Shazam was entertaining. Man Of Steel was bum gravy. Not seen the others.

2 Likes

I was stoned during Aquaman and I don’t think it did it any favours tbh. I wasn’t able to register the drumming octopus, which objectively rips.

1 Like

Really liked the ending of WW84 because

she essentially uses reasoning or whatever and it goes against the big big fight thing. This dirt of ending would have rescued the first film for sure.

Although they tolling of WW1 Germans as effective Nazis, no matter the excuse of god-meddling, was pretty poor. Essentially turning them into what the British propaganda machine claimed they were

WW84 has some very bizarre choices that make the whole thing a bit pish.
Captain Kirk is back via possessing a random guy against his will. WW then rides him. Weird and not on.

1 Like

DCEU

Good:
Wonder Woman
Shazam
The Suicide Squad
Man of Steel
Aquaman
Peacemaker series

Decent:
Birds of Prey
Batman v Superman
Justice League

Bad:
Suicide Squad
Ww84

Not seen:
The Snyder Cut
Black Adam

Yeah I don’t really know. I get why people find that not on as a story idea but I don’t think the film ever implies it’s a good thing. But equally it’s subtly written including the way her powers are reduced, with a lot of pointers before out and out saying it.

And superhero movies are not subtle because they’re aimed at kids and I guess it’s just not the fine thing. But equally I like that the writers tried that, I just think it’s not really the subject matter to try it out with.

Anyway, as a result I don’t hate WW84.

I do think the trailer with the Blue Monday rework is one of my favourite trailers of recent times.

1 Like

For me it’s

Could have been good if they’d made better choices:
Wonder Woman
WW84
Batman v Superman
Justice League

Bad:
Suicide Squad
Man of Steel

Not seen:
The Snyder Cut
Black Adam
Shazam
The Suicide Squad
Aquaman
Peacemaker series
Birds of Prey

I’ve said it before but it looks like it needs repeating. Aquaman had Dolph Lundgren riding into battle on a giant seahorse. Case closed. Verdict: guilty of being awesome.

4 Likes

Aquaman is such a banger. If you don’t like it I reckon you’re a proper joyless husk. Big colourful modern adventure movie of the type so rarely made these days and really brilliantly directed. Basically a cinema only film though.

2 Likes

I hate it for many reasons that’s just one tbf.
The whole thing seems like a middling CW style tv episode of something just with a huge budget.
The story bit of that is gross. Maybe it wasn’t highlighted as much it would have been if it had been Superman or Batman that did it. Really off from a character meant to be so righteous and symbolic.
I mean I’ll be honest, I just think it’s shit. That trailer was good but is the best thing of the movie tbf.

2 Likes

^ this guy gets it!

Fuck I had forgotten all about that.
Pure class

1 Like

Snyder Cut is great too.

1 Like

Questions the Aquaman film answer:

• what if Asgard was underwater and rather than being boring as fuck, was actually interesting.
  • what if Star Wars was underwater and awesome
  • what if we had the on land bits be the best Indiana Jones movie since the 80s
1 Like

Keep meaning to watch it but need to find the time

1 Like