Dead Toenails

I mean I’m fine with feet but you are going to have to deal with some pretty nasty shit.

How about hairdressing… is that like low stakes medicine?

whoa - people are SO touchy about their hair. if you fuck up their feet it’s less bad because they’re out of sight out of mind. I’ve given this some thought.

What’s there instead? Have you developed a sort of pseudo-nail?

Feet are just horrible, aren’t they

1 Like

emo toe

3 Likes

my big toenail fell off in a swimming pool in the mid 90s

I know you posted this ages ago, but I’m on the verge of ridding myself of a manky toenail. Had tried a few times before but properly persevered this time and it’s finally gone! Took about 7 months and I’m on my 3rd vial of that super expensive stuff they sell in Boots. Couple more weeks and I reckon I’ll be able to clip off the last manky bit.

2 Likes

I have never had a dead toenail but I’ve had a dead thumbnail.

I keep losing the big toenail on my right foot, probably been about half a dozen times now, it’ll grow back, I’ll play football, bruise the nail bed I’ll heat up an unfolded paper clip and push it through the nail from the top to relieve the swelling and then half the time it’ll turn black and fall off. Keeps growing back slower every time and more ingrown. Then repeat the above

i had a proper ingrown toenail once, pus, infection, pain etc. looked like they were going to have to operate on it for a while, but eventually the infection died down. afterwards the nail slowly died, eventually came off by itself and i had kind of a half-nail, half toebed thing going on. (the top half was nail, it was weird).
anyway now it’s completely back to normal. the human body is weird!

After Balonz’s story about pulling his own dried shit from his arsehole I actually expected a lot worse.

Hi Bam,

I really want to know why this was done.

I didn’t even know it was possible to permanently remove a toenail. Wow.

Hi Theo,

Thanks for your interest in my toes!

Kept getting ingrown toenails, eventually they just removed them both and cauterised it or something so the nail won’t grow back. It’s now just normally flesh coloured stuff where the nail would be.

1 Like

Just stopping in to mute this thread!

2 Likes

I pretty much fully tore off my little left toenail last night. It’s funny how insignificant that part of my body feels.

Had wild problems with my toes for about ten years, largely football related like @the_ravens

Got my big toe well and truly stomped on by some goon in studs playing 5 a side, and the nail turned black. I thought it would probably grow out but it takes ages for your big toenail to grow, and then a couple of months later I accidentally kicked a sold wood blanket box in bare feet, big toe first, and it ripped right out of the bed. It was hanging on by just one corner, so I had to soak it and then pull it out. Was excruciating.

Then it did grow back very slowly, but vaguely OK. It started ingrowing as it got to almost full size, but i carried on playing football like an idiot. Inevitably it got stomped again, and became infected and pus-y and very painful. Still carried on playing football (only almost exclusively left footed) until it hurt too much to put boots on.

Eventually went to get it sorted out properly, had local anesthetic and the nice lady cut the whole thing out. It got sent off to a lab because it looked like shit by that point and they wanted to… do something with it, I dunno. Never did find out what happened to it, I sometimes think about whoever it is who has to open the post there.

Started growing back again, only now its more of a grotesque, hardened claw when it grows out because of all the damage its taken. Several times I’ve had to file it and cut it down with my industrial strength file and scissors, most recently just before Christmas.

Little toenails come off all the time, barely even notice. I also have a photo of when I smashed up my little toe at Christmas if anyone wants to see that.

Still playing football. Thanks for reading, I have enjoyed the nail thread.

1 Like