Deadpool 3

Rate the first two (5 highest, 1 lowest)

Deadpool

0 voters

Deadpool 2

0 voters

Excited about the announcement of Deadpool 3?
  • Very!
  • A little
  • Meh
  • No
  • Absolutely fucking not

0 voters

I find Ryan Reynolds’s smug shtick so fucking annoying.

3 Likes

Here’s a podcast episode where I talk about how shit these films are

1 Like

Never seen 'em

Not a superhero guy but I didn’t mind these. Actually enjoyed the second, especially the skydiving scene. Think being in a packed cinema helped. I’ll watch the third yeah why not

1 Like

Ryan Reynolds is insufferable

5 Likes

aww is he?

i enjoy a sunday afternoon ryan reynolds film

If you watch the Wrexham football documentary you get to see him being annoying but you also get to see him look worried as he’s losing millions of pounds

6 Likes

FTFY

These are two of the few films to use Ryan Reynolds’ schtick effectively/not enormously irritating (I’d argue that for all its faults, Free Guy falls into this category also).

First one was a genuine breath of fresh air as the R rating and low budget meant it could get away with 90s comic book violence and necessarily lacked a “Let’s blow up a fucking city” ending.

Second one is obviously more of the same, but directed by David Leitch with the attendant neon-lighting and fucking great action choreography. Love 'em

4 Likes

Love everything about them. My only complaint is…2024!!

I really hate this very long lead time that seems to be the norm.

1 Like

tbf I think it’s less that there’s a longer lead time and more that social media means we are aware of every stage of a film’s development, whereas in the past it was possible for a film to make it to the production stage (which can take years) before its existence was known. This is especially true for the Deadpool series as Reynolds has essentially tweeted himself from an also-ran to an A-lister

I was listening to a podcast recently where someone described being in Chicago while The Dark Knight was being filmed, asking a crew member whether they were filming Batman and being told “no” as a car drove past with GOTHAM CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT plastered across the side :smiley:

3 Likes

Yeah, very good point.

Disney takeover obviously scuppered the original timeline for this

(Although - probably would’ve been scheduled for 2020 or maybe 2021, so…)

but on the other hand they’ve kept RR in the role and apparently are keeping the tone but also finding a way to put him in the bigger sandbox, which is gonna be a load of fun and a net positive imo.

1 Like

Absolutely hated the first. Not seen the second.

American ‘wise cracking’ stuff is the absolute pits

Detective Pikachu was very annoying

found out recently the annoying bad guy in a tv show i loved as a kid was played by ryan reynolds. probably his finest role.

annoyingly good!

Fun fact: the other dude from Two Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place is now an avid and very public swinger

Remember that Ryan Reynolds was in the Sabrina The Teenage Witch TV movie…

MJH cheated on her bf with him :scream_cat: