Death Cab/Ben Gibbard

Holy fuck that sounds amazing

I saw Postal Service years back on that reunion tour at Brixton and it was a great, great night.

2 Likes

If america gets both a Lonesome Crowded West AND Transatlanticism tours which don’t come over here … I will be very irritated

4 Likes

The ‘Apologies To The Queen Mary’ tour being North America only was bad enough!

pushes up glasses

I was at that ULU show!

2 Likes

Good, wasn’t it?

Youthmovies and The Cribs supporting. Got flyered by Youthmovies on the way out cos they were at the Buffalo Bar the next night with someone called Bloc Party. No idea??

1 Like

Yes, The Cribs supported! Bloody hell I had forgotten that. Might have to look at the set list and weep a bit as it was very early on in my fandom (I knew Transatlanticism the album and Photobooth). I do remember them playing Photobooth though :heart:

1 Like

Bloody hell

All is full of love cover?! *(tease)

1 Like

Oh nice, I had no idea that was on there! That’s a setlist and a half, isn’t it?

They used to merge bits of the Bjork cover into the end of Blacking Out the Friction, it was neat.

1 Like

If you were at the Electric Ballroom show in 2008 then you have been at 66% of the DCFC gigs I have been to.

(Almost certain you were and we went together)

1 Like

I was! Almost certain that was the one where we missed the start because we were drinking through a book of Spoons vouchers I had. Tia Maria & Pepsis all round!

3 Likes

:smiley: sounds about right. Think I ended up at the good mixer that night fucking LOL but I seriously digress.

1 Like

@anon32683410’s got me in the archive now.

This is the other show I saw around that time, when I was on holiday in NYC

It was the day after Elliott Smith killed himself, they covered Say Yes and Ben ran off the stage in tears :sob:

2 Likes

CHRIST

1 Like

To complete my trio

2 Likes

What’s the current feeling on Asphalt Meadows?

Think as a whole it’s their best since Narrow Stairs (though actually doesn’t go as bad as the worst parts of that album - You Can Do Better Than Me, yurgh!) and Foxgloves is their best song in the last decade

Checking some of the recent setlists, would prefer if it was slightly more spread over their whole career but will be perfectly happy with it being Asphalt-heavy tbh. Also who else is going to see em?

2 Likes

Reckon its their best post-Walla album tbh.
I actually like ‘You Can Do Better Than Me’ tbh :slight_smile:
Would like to catch them live aain but don’t think I’ll be able to on this tour.

1 Like

I am quite fond of Codes and Keys tbf, seems a bit silly I haven’t seen them since 2008!

Oh yeah Codes & Keys is great.
Aye I think before the last Dub show (2019, I was at it) the last headline shows in Ireland were 2008 as well (went to the Belfast one) and only a fest slot in 2012 in Dublin in between.
Get the finger out Ben and co. !

P.S. Really enjoyed the 2019 show but the setlist was a bit new album of the time heavy and that album was ‘fine’.

1 Like

Yea, really like it. Really looking forward to the Roundhouse gig next year. :smiley:

2 Likes

I think it’s hands down their best