December 2020 UK Politics Thread - Deal or No Deal?

• Brexit deal is cobbled together at the last minute
  • No deal, Kent becoming giant lorry park awaits

0 voters

Kent becomes a giant lorry park even with a deal.

21 Likes

Kent full of doggers and phantom shitters come 1st Jan.

6 Likes

My thinking here is it’ll come down to whatever personally benefits BoJo’s career the most, which might be cobbled together deal rather than No Deal, because then he can trumpet his “got Brexit done” bit and won’t have to worry about a compliant press pointing out pesky details about it being shit and contradicting a load of stuff he said before.

1 Like

Pretty sure I’ve been wrong at every point of this though tbh so it maybe makes more sense to default to “whatever the worst possible outcome is” i.e. No Deal

And what if there’s no deal?

3 Likes

All true but even if there’s no deal the media will just say the EU stabbed the UK in the back and it’s all their fault etc, so either outcome is fine really for Boris Johnson and the Tories

2 Likes

oh yeah, Brexit

11 Likes

Nothing will change, but everyone will hate everyone else.

i got a new job because of Brexit and even i keep forgetting it’s happening

1 Like

Hi Boris!

15 Likes

:violin: :violin: :violin:

4 Likes

High streets are permafucked aren’t they? Not just Topshop/ Debenhams/ Peacocks but also because of fewer foreign students in the city centres after Brexit and fewer people being in offices full time (even if most do go back after the vaccine it’ll never be what it was).
The centres will slowly become a place of far smaller, completely gentrified shopping ‘experiences’ outpricing most of the population.

2 Likes

Similar things happening in Scottish labour in the last couple of years too.

Absolutely done me this.

5 Likes

They really should

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

More :clap: rights :clap: for :clap: second :clap: home :clap: owners :clap:

6 Likes

Does anyone have the paywalled text of the second homes Telegraph article?

Not saying that I definitely know a smug Brexit voter who owns a second home in France, but, well…

If you do “View Page Source” you can get the raw html.