Violent Night
The Infernal Machine
Three Minutes: A Lengthening
Lady Chatterley’s Lover (Netflix)
A Christmas Carol (Netflix)
Sr. (Netflix)

9th December
The Silent Twins
Guillermo Del Toro’s Pinocchio (Netflix)
Emancipation (Apple)

16th December
Bardo (Netflix)

23rd December
Glass Onion (Netflix)

26th December
I Wanna Dance With Somebody
Corsage

29th December
France (Mubi)

30th December
Peter Von Kant
White Noise (Netflix)

1 Like

No I Dont Think I Will GIF - No I Dont Think I Will ...

1 Like

Hoping some places rerelease good films from earlier in the year I missed, December is such a good time to catch up

1 Like

Kind of depressing that the big Disney Christmas movie is Avatar 2, essentially there isn’t a big Christmas movie.

1 Like

Dial of Design what sort of bollocks title is that makes Kingdom of The Crystal Skull seem like poetry

Edit: it’s the wrong title and it is actually better

styled that one out

1 Like

Maybe it’ll be good. Probably just be okay, though.

1 Like

My schedule for Dec:

New on Netflix: Qala, Scrooge: A Christmas Carol, Pinocchio, Glass Onion and White Noise.

Leaving Netflix: The Talented Mr Ripley, The Constant Gardener and United 93.

Remaining 2022 watchlist: Armageddon Time, The Menu, She Said and Strange World. Bullet Train and Final Cut are perfect for the plane to Taiwan.

Booked Avatar 2 in the Taipei IMAX for my birthday.

Christmas stuff on the recorder: Shaun The Sheep: The Flight Before Christmas and The Apartment.

Think They Cloned Tyrone was bumped from Dec 30th on Netflix until 2023 so one less to deal with.

1 Like

Got excited and then saw 2024 instead of 2023.

1 Like

These Avatar 2 review Tweets seem universally positive

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23AvatarTheWayOfWater&src=trend_click&vertical=trends

:thinking:

I remain to be convinced he can have written a non-terrible story and the effects are that big a deal. The original film has 82% on RT and it’s just not that.

have hope for that set-up, sounds Moonrise Kingdom-esque

1 Like

I believe the latter, but I don’t believe the former, but I guess for many people the spectacle will be enough

Yeah, but a lot of the reviews I was reading were claiming the story etc was enough.

I…just don’t know about the effects. It sounds like it’s going to be 3D again which is annoying after it seemed like cinema had finally given up on it again outside IMAX. But either way, we see these amazing effects all the time and frankly it just looks more like Pixar than anything. When the first one came out it was new but now I’m wondering who’s left out there to be wowed by effects like this.

Hopefully not filmed in 16mm or whatever so you can see it through a haze of grain.

2 Likes