0 voters

fifth tier:

• premiership
  • league cup
  • fa cup
  • gazprom
  • europa

0 voters

I do wonder in relation to the youth setups of Chelsea & City whether the objectives of the setup are different or maybe have been different before the transfer ban.

reckon both teams looked at the Spanish cantera model (Real Madrid make bank on theirs and dominate the transfer market in Spain at least by selling players always with nice buyback clauses in case they come good) and sought to emulate that for whatever reason? Chelsea clearly didn’t give a toss about promoting youth before this season. City less so, but I’d have expected better results from both given the quality of both of their operations.

Big effort from Liverpool in last 7 months to pull themselves ahead of Birmingham and Swansea, kudos to them

1 Like

basically there’s very little downside to having a massive youth set up to the club, especially, if in Chelsea’s case, if you want to launder money and increase the club’s value. downside for the players whose careers you’re stunting I guess, but still.

yas! We snuck in with YOUUUUUUF

The inclusion of the Community Shield as a proper trophy is a tad controversial.

Dyche be Dychein’

Too drunk for this

5 Likes

13 stone my arse.

Indie AND Shed 7

Chicago Fire are rumoured to be signing Ashley Young and Juan Mata. Definitely not still a retirement league.

A little harsh on Vlaar, Delph and I guess Guzan.

Looking forward to Westwood Lowton and co spanking us today :roll_eyes:

I never rated Vlaar, thought he was a liability most of tbe time. Will give you Delph though!

welcome back @bugduv (bit late to the party and I mainly read these threads without posting these days but I have missed your input)

Weird decade for SUFC. Dreadful lows turned into brilliant highs by Chris Wilder. Our worst team of the decade is indescribably bad. Bonus points to Conor Sammon for being the worst footballer I’ve ever seen. The man must be 95% shin. King of the ricochet. Look at the state of this lot:

Steve Simonsen

James McEveley
Nyron Nosworthy
Harrison McGahey
Joe Mattock

Febian Brandy
Simon Lappin
Dean Hammond
Martyn Woolford

Michael Higdon
Conor Sammon

And the besties: