Decent family game for Christmas day?

Have you seen the dangly tights game? Put a carrot in a pair of tights, tie them round your waist, swing it, and then try and get the carrot in the top of a bottle.

I played this with friends at our fake Christmas a couple of years ago, I thought it was fun but some people playing thought it made all our interactions annoying (killjoys). It might take a day or two to finish though as everyone’s on their guard once they’ve got their missions.

1 Like

:smiley: looks so fun!

52 card pickup

1 Like

That thing with the knives and trying not to stab your hand

Cooking?

5 Likes

Wor Lass is really excited because she’s bought a copy of Pie Face for us to play over Xmas.

Definitely not that.

Dobble is pretty good for kids and the rules take about a minute to learn

https://www.google.com/search?q=dobble&oq=dobble&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j0i20i131i263i433j0i20i263i395j0i131i395i433j0i395i433j69i60l3.1191j1j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Catan caused a full on family war last year, can recommend

??

Spyfall might be worth a go. There are 20 locations, they could be dog show, spacestation, funeral home, school, construction site, one of which is chosen at random for the round. Depending on how many people are playing you will have one or two spies who don’t know the location. One player will ask another a question about the location like

“Do you work here?”
“Is it safe to bring my baby here?”
“What’s that smell?”

If you’re not the spy, you ask questions knowing the answer and try to assertain if the person you’ve asked also knows the answer. As the person answering, you want to give enough of a clue in your answer that the other person can feel confident you also know the location and are therefore not the spy. The object is to find the spy.

As the spy, you win if you can guess the location, so you need to listen to everyone else’s answers and try to give ambiguous enough answer that you don’t immediately dob yourself in but not so ambiguous that it’s clear you have no idea where you are.

You can play it free on netgames.io on your phone

We had a pre-Christmas go at Trivial Pursuit last night. I love how these things always start with the best of intentions and by the end you’re cheating for people just to get the thing over with. It cost us nearly five hours of our lives. Just all shambled upstairs to bed afterwards - no one spoke, too tired to feel relief!