Defend an awful celebrity who isn't quite as awful as people presume

Feels like a sequel to my “C*nt audit” thread.

Jeremy Clarkson. Hear me out…obviously he still has many, many hideous views…but browsing his twitter I found (in between the dodgy retweets) posts about Ivory hunters, the Thai cave rescue, the NHS, football… amongst other things. The bigotry is still there…but unlike Hopkins, Robinson or even Morgan…its not all based upon an oblique agenda. He comes across as a part ignorant, part naive father in law that you might have a chance of persuading, if given the time.

Idk, might be very, very wrong.

80% chance this just becomes a Jeremy Clarkson thread

Oh god what have you done

An intelligent man who pretends to be (more of) a cunt so racists give him money is indefensible imo

wonton.

He may defend acidic racists like Clarkson but among those posts there’s a lot of good, and I still throw myself behind his overall spirit.

I don’t think he’s that smart, tbh

Not going to lie, was expecting much more when I saw you posted in here.

Ed Sheeran is absolutely no worse than any other pop darling and you fucking know it. He’s also won the respect of a lot of superstar level musicians that the board fawns over. Suck it up dweebs.

Sophie Ellis Bextor is cool.

JK from Jamiroquai seems fun

Cunt.

His two main hobbies are silly hats and cars. He doesn’t seem like my kind of person tbh

Seems fair, good for him.

Andy Murray is one of the very few naturally funny and amiable sports people. Seems like a really nice guy imo

he also does a good line in extremely white funk!

Sheeran is bad at music and being a human being.

Hoped this was a reply to my Murray post

he’s repeatedly said much the same about you, and i defend you to the hilt sir

jay kay once catcalled my then-teenage sister and her equally-teenage school friend from a moving car.

i fucking love AM.

but what a car it…was?

Have read a couple of times now from his former editors that Clarkson was a dream employee as a journalist because his copy was always on time, always within word limits and was well-written enough to require minimal editing.

Apparently this is overwhelmingly not the case across journalism, which surprised me.