Deleting posts from old DiS

I still think we should just do a new fish puns thread with bigger better puns. Do that with all the big money making threads. They’ll have more relevance for the search engines too.

3 Likes

If it’s bringing in money than keep them
If it’s costing money then get rid
If someone wants rid of their old stuff they can give you a grand to get rid of it
:+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

Puns are bad anyway, especially ones about fucking fish of all things

8 Likes

don’t the GDPR guidelines on ‘right to be forgotten’ cover forum posts though?

4 Likes

this isn’t the time or plaice

2 Likes

no he sleeps WITH the fishes

3 Likes

There were no such puns on that thread, I’ll have you know!

1 Like

Stop it now please

wonder who it is…
If it’s not traceable to their real name, get them to pay if they want it gone

1 Like

Nah, gdpr which has been on the horizon for a long time a delete function should have always been built in, and if not feasible

Might just keep these puns going, just for the halibut.

British?

I think I know who it is.

2 Likes

Really don’t think the fish puns here are helpful

1 Like

Is there any way we can burn the old site down and then begin to generate replacement income on the new site? Happy to start Fish Puns II if it’d help.

(This is a serious post btw - I have no idea what potential the new site has for generating ad revenue).

2 Likes

What’s the reason for them wanting their posts gone? Unless there is some legal issue, or they have extremely good reasons for wanting them gone then I would say ‘sorry, no can do’

If they are that desperate then they should pay the cost

actually wouldnt they all be available (ish) on the wayback machine? so keeping them for nostalgia sake isnt even a thing

it doesn’t make any difference, its their legal right to have personal data removed from a website within the EU.

whether you count user generated content as personal data rather than things like email addresses, age, name etc is up for debate maybe?

2 Likes

@sean, unless the user agreement the site had at the time explicitly said that users can request all their posts be deleted then do whatever is better for you financially. People should have to own the dumb things they’ve said online (and I say this as someone who has joked about guillotines many many times)

4 Likes

it’s too late Jared, the damage has been done!

2 Likes

We could all start creating threads that will get picked up by search engines, however it all works

1 Like