Deleting selfie threads

Hi all,

Just to let you know — I’m going to be deleting selfie threads that are posted before 2020 (to begin with), because of all the space they take up. Also good for privacy concerns, so that’s a nice bonus. If for some reason anyone has any issues with or questions about this, this is the place for it.

Your pal,
wr

50 Likes

That’s a great idea. Thanks wr xxx

3 Likes

Also maybe worth pinning this?

This is a really good shout

I reckon coming up with a general set amount of time before deleting them would be a good idea, both as you say for storage and privacy reasons

also lol that I only half-read the title and came in here to post a selfie

8 Likes

Reckon all selfie threads should self destruct after a week

28 Likes

I’d be for this. Always weirds me out when I see the stats @sean posts about how many lurkers there are on here

2 Likes

Yeah I remember this being mentioned several times before so we will look into it. Can’t remember why we haven’t done this before tbh :woman_shrugging:t3::woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

I assume when links are posted and it generates the previews that uses up space as well, reckon big threads like good/bad social media could go to, make them ephemeral monthly threads or something, threads that are more of a resources like the article shares should stay, as should what is on your walls

3 Likes

Wish all my selfies were in selfie threads.

1 Like

We’ll do the selfies for now and see how much it actually helps

2 Likes

think we should find out which individual users are adding what amount of SEO value and ban anyone who isn’t pulling their weight.

20 Likes

sorted the music forum threads by views and i’ve definitely pulled my weight with the pumpkins proselytising

2 Likes

I think I’d be gone pretty early but it’s probably for the best.

1 Like

I very rarely post in the selfie thread for worries about privacy/ being identifiable to lurkers who I may turn out to know irl, or who are perhaps sinister in some way.

5 Likes

I very rarely post in the selfie threads cause my face looks like a goblins face

6 Likes

Literally tens of likes gone in an instant

18 Likes

Would people security/safety concerns be lessened if the selfie threads were in the ‘lounge’ section maybe?
Dunno, just an idea.

2 Likes

My likes! My precious antique likes!

6 Likes

Omly accessible to those who contribute ££

1 Like

It’s fine I have already traded my selfie points in at Rough Trade East. Delete away

2 Likes