Deleting selfie threads

Hi all,

Just to let you know — I’m going to be deleting selfie threads that are posted before 2020 (to begin with), because of all the space they take up. Also good for privacy concerns, so that’s a nice bonus. If for some reason anyone has any issues with or questions about this, this is the place for it.

Your pal,
wr

PS: Please remember that all selfie threads should be posted in the sub-category Social > Selfies for privacy reasons :blush:

51 Likes

That’s a great idea. Thanks wr xxx

3 Likes

Also maybe worth pinning this?

This is a really good shout

I reckon coming up with a general set amount of time before deleting them would be a good idea, both as you say for storage and privacy reasons

also lol that I only half-read the title and came in here to post a selfie

8 Likes

I’d be for this. Always weirds me out when I see the stats @sean posts about how many lurkers there are on here

2 Likes

Yeah I remember this being mentioned several times before so we will look into it. Can’t remember why we haven’t done this before tbh :woman_shrugging:t3::woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Wish all my selfies were in selfie threads.

1 Like

We’ll do the selfies for now and see how much it actually helps

2 Likes

I very rarely post in the selfie thread for worries about privacy/ being identifiable to lurkers who I may turn out to know irl, or who are perhaps sinister in some way.

5 Likes

Literally tens of likes gone in an instant

19 Likes

Would people security/safety concerns be lessened if the selfie threads were in the ‘lounge’ section maybe?
Dunno, just an idea.

2 Likes

My likes! My precious antique likes!

7 Likes

Omly accessible to those who contribute ££

1 Like

It’s fine I have already traded my selfie points in at Rough Trade East. Delete away

2 Likes

We’ve made it so they don’t get included in the automatically generated newsletters (as long as we use the Social > Selfies category), that’s as far as it goes I think. We’ve had many discussions about this.

But anyway, this time it’s about the storage space so have also tweaked some settings and deleted a bunch of old selfie threads just now

3 Likes

And while I think it is v important to contribute to the continuance of dis think it also unfair to price out those who can’t afford it thru no fault of their own x

2 Likes

Ah that’s good.
Yeah gotta save save that storage.
That’s why I don’t post my mug, that and people have suffered enough :grinning:

1 Like

Tru, I was thinking more of verified users accessing rather than people with no accounts being able to see.

what’s the point of cooking/drinking if i can’t post pics of it here tho

9 Likes

We could Just do Imgur links or something? Sure they’ve got loads of money

2 Likes