Deleting selfie threads

2 Likes

11 Likes

Was on edge, heartbeat steadily increasing, waiting for… something

I started reading this thinking you were offering to remove some of the more profligate image posters.

1 Like

I guess you weren’t around in those days

in case it’s not obvious, this is me taking the piss out of a former & his starting a thread about a sexual conquest

think the original thread was about 10/11 years ago

it grew to around 700/800 replies and kept coming back and said user (who by then had - or was about to have - a very important job in HM armed forces) had the thread nuked in 2013/14 time?

the fun we had

5 Likes

I just made a tiktok, about ten seconds ago, and it’s made me cringe so hard I’ve got a stomach ache

a former poster/user*

*/microphone abuser

15 Likes

It doesnt stop me!

That’s actually a really good idea. Every time one of us uploads a picture we have to immediately PayPal Sean the cost of it.
Would certainly stop me making countless threads every day, that’s usually just an image and me being like HEY EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS THING I REALLY PASSIONATELY CARE ABOUT THAT NO ONE ELSE DOES AND I WILL ALSO STOP CARING ABOUT IN MAYBE TWENTY MINUTES TIME

5 Likes

Don’t think there’s a self-destruct feature on threads (topics as they call them in this software). You can auto lock but that’s it.

You might be able to auto-move to another forum after a time period which could mean they could all be moved to the moderator’s forum?

Deleting would no doubt be do-able but likely involve having server access to put cron jobs in place with scripts?

Remember when Chris is cool’s dad caught him walking like a crab

4 Likes

it’s in the song

although I wasn’t the first

Idk I will just ask them if it’s possible, tends to work out fine that way

1 Like

Here’s the pricing. We’re doing more pageviews and using more storage their their packages allow

Anyway to get a breakdown that tells us what the threads taking most storage are? I’d imagine a load of disposable ‘daily’ threads are probably weighing things down too. (I mean there’s an argument that most of the threads are disposable I guess.)

1 Like

Can we not just delete any mention of pizza scissors? That would probably cut down a lot of the random lurker searches. I know that’s how I found you.

11 Likes

Maybe there could be a daily thread category like there is the selfie, sport, ssp, film, etc - so if they are in their own category it’ll be easier in future for admins to periodically delete? (if deleting helps the space issue)

7 Likes

We’ll see first how much it actually helps to delete selfie threads, and then we’ll take it from there :blush:

2 Likes

I’m going to stop giving out likes, I reckon that’ll save 15p or so.

2 Likes