Delisted albums watch - or where to find them

Dance Mother by Telepathe

Not available digitally anywhere, even YouTube. I think I found a cheeky upload somewhere last year, but it seems to be a CD and rip or nothing deal.

Shame, great album. And it’s only from 2009.

Any others like this?

I stupidly sold my CD of this a few years ago. But still have the MP3s so at least can still listen to it.

Beat Dyslexia by Distophia is an extraordinary bit of noisy indie but isn’t on Spotify. You can stream it on Youtube and I believe it was on iTunes for a while, but not on any streaming platforms.

4 Likes

Noticed today that Oceansize’s Frames is suddenly gone from Spotify.

It’s still on Youtube at least.

4 Likes

You can’t get The Smashing Pumpkins’ Zeitgeist anywhere unfortunately online.

It exists on Youtube thankfully, though it frequently gets deleted and there’s an error in the current upload where it goes silent for a bunch of Tarantula.

3 Likes

Same for Billy Corgan’s The Future Embrace, all that exists online is a Youtube playlist where individual songs (especially the To Love Somebody cover) get deleted frequently.

Got this on vinyl, might stick it on later

1 Like

Damn, was just about to say it’s so hard to get hold of on vinyl now, been after it for ages :cry:

1 Like

Haha my only copy of this is ripped to my PS3 hard drive. I must pop it on my phone.

1 Like

I’m sure I still have the mp3s of this. Not heard it in about a decade.

1 Like

I have this on red vinyl (and cd!). Until recently I had no idea how much it goes for on Discogs.

1 Like

Jetplane Landing

Reckon there must be loads of bands like them - early 00s, built up a decent following in the early internet days, but were on a small label that no longer exists.

8 Likes

Probably a predictable statement from me but it’s aged extremely well. Great album.

1 Like

This morning I’ve been looking, without success, for somewhere to listen to listen to Kerbdog’s Congregation (a live reunion album released in 2014).

All I can find from it is this video for one of live recordings which sounds great…

…and this, which is the only previously unreleased song on the album (a re-working of a tune they recorded back in 1997 when trying to seek a new record label)…

Both make me want hear the rest of the album even more.

2 Likes

Came to this thread hoping to find something that I have for which someone is prepared to pay me ridiculous money. Leaving disappointed.

1 Like

Hey @Maps You should DM me.

1 Like

there are some very niche 90s indie rock albums that aren’t anywhere, will have a think

2 Likes

oh I remembered the most recent one I wanted

brilliant album but only on Youtube or I suppose Slsk

All hail Slsk!

3 Likes

I know I drop this in whenever I can, but Apple Music and iTunes Match (and a bit of Slsk) is the answer to this issue!