Delivery fury thread

Simply Be’s stupid fucking website ignored me putting in my parents address (although it’s saved the address so it knows I entered it!!) and decided to deliver to the address I haven’t lived at since August :see_no_evil: and it’s next day delivery so I can’t change it fucks sakeeeeeee WHY WOULD YOU DEFAULT TO AN OLD ADDRESS RATHER THAN THE ONE THE PERSON HAS LITERALLY JUST TYPED IN AND APPEARS AT EVERY POINT OF THE ORDER??? ludicrous

I don’t have the strength to get into it but fuuuuuck youuuu Heeeermeees

1 Like

DPD were supposed to be delivering me parcel, I was tracking it on the app. Apparently they were 8 stops away. 4 hours later, nothing had turned up. The next day it said they would try to deliver again but nothing. Over the next few days I spent about 5 hours online with their customer support and the sender’s customer support. Both absolutely useless and blaming the other. After a week they issued with me refund. A couple of days later a lovely woman contacted me through NextDoor.com to say she’d found my parcel lying on the pavement, about half a mile from my house. So it seems DPD had just dumped it in the road for no apparent reason. Odd.

Being charitable here, but maybe it just fell out of the van when they were delivering to someone there?

1 Like

Oh of course - it was just the infuriating back and forth, where they refused to admit they’d lost it, that massively irked.

1 Like

Left on the (communal) stairs
No attempt to knock the door (about 6 or 7 paces away)
And then…

Ripped open and stolen. What a surprise :neutral_face:

Has anyone actually tried contacting Hermes to complain?: literally impossible

I’ve been waiting in for a delivery from DPD. Got a text message to say that the driver had attempted delivery but that there was no-one in. The tracking information includes a photograph to ‘prove’ that the driver did try:

That’s not my house. FFS Adrian.

Id have just taken the whole package - the thief’s an idiot

2 Likes

probably hoping you’d still recycle the box

4 Likes

your cards are now marked.

1 Like

Not sure what else I really expected ordering furniture from eBay, especially as it was being shipped with Parcelforce, but the coffee table arrived in a box that was barely sealed and the table itself looks like it was dropped from a great height onto one end.

Football, still not home.

Opening this thread this morning caused my delivery due today to immediately arrive, so thanks DiS!

I know it’s the Hermes driver’s fault really but in cases like this is it not the responsibility of the retailer?

EDIT - just realised this is an old post. How did you get on?

We had a Hermes delivery that was due on Sunday evening. Least surprising no-show ever.

There’s an England joke in this somewhere.

Ordered a 2nd hand turntable off ebay and I’ve dug out all my old vinyl(s) but it’s just been sat with Hermes for ages now doing NOTHING.

To make it worse two of exactly the same model in better condition have gone for considerably less in the interim.

If I’ve had something marked as delivered even though it wasn’t, should I contact the courier first or the retailer?

Ordered some furniture last week to be delivered ‘On or before the 4th of August’. Bearing in mind that is two days away and it’s not been dispatched yet, is my furniture coming:

• Before the 4th of August
  • On the 4th of August
  • After the 4th of August

0 voters

Usually the retailer, let them have the hassle of dealing with the couriers

1 Like