Demanding or Insistent Household Appliances

Microwave does a beep-beep if you haven’t opened the door a minute after the initial beep, and again 2 minutes later

If you open the dishwasher after it’s finishing washing but before it’s finished drying it beeps at you in annoyance then doesn’t continue the drying process out of spite

1 Like

I feel a great kinship with your dishwasher

2 Likes

My washing machine plays this.

I love it.

5 Likes

If mine did this I would take it into the garden and set it on fire.

2 Likes

i mean it is effective at making you do what it wants, but it usually semi-ruins an episode or half a film before i finally make myself move

We just got one of these and the first time we used it I was fucking flabbergasted. Why the fuck is my washing machine playing Schubert. This video even misses the extra jingle at the end!

2 Likes

Yes, I’m very much in your school of thought on fridge beeping

1 Like

My washing machine AND dishwasher both play that after finishing (both Samsung so not that surprising really)

Yeah that’s great! It’s like the washing machine’s going “you’ll never guess what, I’ve just finished washing your clothes! Why don’t you come and have a look? I’m ever so pleased with myself!”

1 Like

My oven beeps aggressively if you have the temerity to lean over it (like you have to if you are using the hob)

Someone has thought long and hard on this.

https://www.its-her-factory.com/2018/11/singing-appliances-reproductive-labor/

1 Like

5 Likes

Going to make a confession here, I had no idea that tune is Schubert. I thought it was just an annoying jingle Samsung had made up

1 Like

I read that and laughed. Then I looked at the name. Then I looked at the picture. Then I realised she’s someone I used to work with.

4 Likes

Until I googled it for this thread (and then saw HotBeef’s post), neither did I.

1 Like

I remember having to study Die Forelle for O Level Music. One of the few pieces of classical music that I can identify, sing and remember the composer of, although I can’t remember all the bullshit about its structure.

Corkscrews that are just the twisty spike with no handle for purchase, okay fine we’re having a workout before delicious wine that’s grand.

That’s just a broken corkscrew isn’t it?

1 Like

Yeah maybe

1 Like

When you think about it, everything’s a broken corkscrew.