Depressing foods

So good when a chippy with Chinese additions actually does good Chinese food. So rare but so, so good

2 Likes

Red Leicester. Like eating orange wax

4 Likes

pies don’t even make sense in the age of preservatives and fridges

they’re about nostalgia for the british empire

1 Like

My bougie landlady buys posh frozen pizzas and then cooks them on her pizza stone. No offence if you all do this but I find it depressing and also confusing.

eating a pie is a political act

5 Likes

why is it confusing - nice hot pizza stone = a better cooked pizza base.

1 Like

a spring roll would be acceptable in this instance

1 Like

might get this tattooed

10 Likes

go back and forth a lot on my quest to find the best frozen pizza, I don’t have a fancy stone and my oven is a bit shit anyway.

At the moment I’m finding those chicago town deep dish mini pizzas the best

and @grievoustim - I mean we’re into the realms of Laelfy’s what constitutes chippy food thread now. I’ve nothing against Spring rolls in principle, just they don’t belong in a chippy as far as I’m concerned. If I want them then I’ll get them from the Chinese next door to the chip shop :slight_smile:

1 Like

true

1 Like

Pret on a Saturday

1 Like

It’s like Preee eh eeeet on a Saturday
Its a free ride, when you’ve already paid

Sorry people have dismissed pies so this is a thread run by idiots with idiots posting in it so must be disregarded

7 Likes

all teabags that aren’t Yorkshire tea

1 Like

when all you have in the fridge is that 2/3 of a block of red L, and you forgot to seal the packet so it’s dried out and cracked. that makes me question my life more than almost anything else.

1 Like

Just seems silly buying bad pizza and trying to make it good in a way that’ll never work. Seems a bit of a silly desperate middle class affectation too. Just make you own from scratch and eat better stuff.

Why in god’s name did I not mute the thread when I said I would? Now I’ve had to read that eating pies is all about nostalgia for the British Empire. That’s a sentence that I have read and is now in my brain. I can’t unread it.

This thread is so full of wrong it’s causing me physical pain. If this were a just world I’d be able to sue everyone in here.

13 Likes

how the hell do you learn how to make a pizza? Seems like a terrifying task to undertake