Descaled the kettle the other day

With this:

Before:

After:

5 Likes

Is it necessary? Had our current kettle since 2005 and never done it. Surely you boil the germs out when you use it?

1 Like

I wish you many good cups of tea as a result.

It’s for the limescale. Probably isn’t necessary if you’re in Manc and have soft water.

2 Likes

Robert Kilrock Silk

2 Likes

Can really taste and see the difference. Look at that.

10 Likes

[doing a Liam Gallagher walk] the water’s the only fookin thing soft in Manchester

16 Likes

kettles definitely benefit from a descale. there’s one in one of our offices which is absolutely rank.

My coffee machine is always moaning about wanting to get itself descaled.

It can go fuck itself.

7 Likes

Scaly grot at the bottom of the bog pan

• It’s just limescale from the water no biggie
  • Actually poo has loads of limescale in it too
  • Bit of both
0 voters

It’s probably limescale with loads of poo bacteria living in it. Get some bleach or domestos limescale remover on it anyway

2 Likes

Few household jobs are as satisfying as descaling the kettle. Cleaning the oven maybe, but that’s a complete arse ache, whereas descaling the kettle is easy. I do think the tea is much nicer from a scale-free kettle, especially in a hard water area.

I get this one every couple of months.

1 Like

Descaled in the Kettletorium

8 Likes

This is another opportunity for me to tell my story about scrupulously cleaning our oven a few years back, including cleaning the glass door until you could see your dinner through it. Unfortunately that also involved indrirectly removing all the grease around the seal which I discovered was holding the glass pane in when it fell out and smashed into a million pieces on the kitchen floor.

11 Likes

Oh, mate.

There are so many things that can go wrong. Once left a massive ring of that lethal black oven grease and acid cleaner mix on the kitchen worktop. Had to spend hours with an electric sander trying to get it off.

1 Like

That oven cleaner you get where you put the oven racks in plastic bags is good isn’t it

• Yeah
  • No
0 voters

Descaled the kettle the other day, oh boy

4 Likes

About a lucky man who made the tea?

3 Likes

did the shelves when leaving the old house last week - exceptional stuff

I love HG. Great chemicals.

1 Like