Describe your dream neighbourhood

My house is under 5 minutes walk from a local market that has kind of been lifted directly from Athens and Ho Chi Minh City, so there’s loads of amazing mediterranean vegetables, feta and also lots of exotic fruit, fresh asian herbs and spices, and big piles of fresh wheat and rice noodles that you can buy by the kilo. There’s two street food/cafe type places in the market one that serves grilled meats and salads and chips the other is only open at breakfast and sells noodle soups and roti canai with sweet cold coffee.

I’d like a smallish co-op and a posh offie nearby. And a local indian and maybe a korean restaurant.

There’s a pub with huge wine and whisky selection where there’s a folk session every night, and another pub which is more standard pub vibes.

My mates all live in the area too. And it’s 24 degrees all day every day.

The Spider-Man fella

Oops, I read it as “dream neighbour”

18 Likes

lucky you, that exists

1 Like

You’d miss reggie

1 Like

I read this as reggae, and then I just imagined our lad Neil hooking up some massive speakers and dropping a load of Bob Marley, just on his little island there

1 Like

I’d wager he’d do that anyway

2 Likes

This is a frequent game in the car, mrssyack and I ask mini stack numerous questions and build a town then we have a go. Mine’s always called Daddy City.

2 Likes

An abundance of wonderful places to eat and drink, but there is also a variety of interesting things to do and see in this central neighbourhood. What makes this part of the city such a noteworthy place to visit is the wealth of history that its cobbled streets hold.

1 Like

very nicely put.

2 Likes

Discovered that perfect town reddit and going to get involved in that and seeing I can apply it to work projects.

(Dream neighbourhoods are effectively what my office job is about)

1 Like

big outdoor swimming pool within 5 minute walk that is never crowded
nice park within 5 minutes
turkish cafe up the road that does all you can eat breakfast
cheese shop
strong sense of community spirit and all my neighbours love me

1 Like

A bit like where I live now - high density, nice buildings with shops at the ground floor, but with much much less traffic and much better weather.

Everything’s covered in cotton wool and mist so it’s nice and quiet all the time.

1 Like

Haha I was about to ask you where this was!

1 Like

I really like where I live, lots of parks, river walk, tons of shops and amenities, great transport…

I’d make it warmer, that’s about it.

Built up around lakes and mountains. Futuristic. It’s got a dominos, a train station and a lively fishing community.

1 Like

would be good to live in a city in the trees like in Hook

Quite keen on salt mines as well, we’ll have one.

Not fewer sewerage works?

1 Like