Detectorists

Absolutely perfect final episode. Terry finding the button and looking lovingly at Sheila was a beautiful piece of TV.

6 Likes

It was glorious. Great way to bow out.

2 Likes

Love this show

A great warm bath of a show. Perfect ensemble cast. So relaxing that I feel as though I have no bones left at the end of it.

2 Likes

Love this show. My favourite bit of this season I think was the slow chase down the country lane between the TR7 and the moped, “did you see that? Straight past him, woosh!”

Great final episode.

8 Likes

It was really nice to see the truce with Simon and Garfunkel too. A perfect ending to a great show, hope BBC4 commissions more like this.

8 Likes

Looking forward to ploughing through this over christmas

The unearthing of a ring and the engagement happening in the background of one of the scenes was well done.

3 Likes

Everything about this program is magnificent, and all totally encapsulated in the final episode. Great to see peace finally break out between the DMDC and Simon and Garfunkel

1 Like

Yes, really subtle and lovely.

Ditto the bit where Lance passes the fresh lemonade to Phil :smiley:

1 Like

That was really lovely and excuse me I think I have something in my eye.

2 Likes

This show makes me very weepy and it’s not even sad ffs. Probably the best bit of British telly in the last few years. Really hope it doesn’t get forgotten.

4 Likes

Tremendous from start to finish.

Watched the whole of this in the last 2 weeks. Absolutely lovely show. Such love. The last episode was fantastic.

Not even sure it was that funny, but the auction scene at the end had me in stitches, had to rewind it and watch it again.

About nothing and everything all at once. Just recommending it to everyone I know with a shared love of the English country.

6 Likes

Just started watching this. On the first episode, really enjoying it so far. Crook and Jones are just brilliant aren’t they?!

6 Likes

It’s the best. Love it so much

9 Likes

Said it before but this show is perfect.

1 Like

Brilliant show.
Perfect cup of tea and relax show too.

1 Like

Reminds me a lot of Joe Pera Talks with you which I’ve been obsessing over of late.
Anyway much like that show it’s funny, charming, well written, beautiful performed and warm. A perfect antidote to all the shite outside.

1 Like

Did anyone else see “Don’t Forget the Driver” last year where Toby Jones played a coach driver? Was expecting it to be like the Detectorists but it was far darker. Probably belongs in the TV shows that don’t exist thread

2 Likes