Devo

And Regular Show. What a legend.

2 Likes

I forget this! His imdb is pretty huge

Haha was that you?! Me and my pals were very tickled by your energy dome ( :wink:)

That was a great, great show. I bought a cool Devo t-shirt that night and stuck it on over whatever I was wearing. When I woke up the next morning it had a massive dirty boot print right in the middle and by the time I got it home in the wash a couple of days later, the stain was permanently embedded. Absolutely no memory how the stain got there.

1 Like

Best performance I’ve ever seen. Can’t wait to see them again :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I’ve been enjoying this a lot recently

Don’t really want to go to London but might have to go to London

4 Likes

The tickets have been bought!

Roll call
  • I’m going to see Devo in London on August 19th
  • I’m going to see Devo at another location on another date
  • Undecided
  • I’m not going to see Devo

0 voters

How much?

I’d love to but sadly it clashes with Field Day… I’m banking on them confirming for Rebellion Festival, unlikely as it is, as I’ll be there.

1 Like

£57.75

1 Like

still my favourite live footage of any band:

5 Likes

A bunch of Wes Anderson films too, before he went to Alexandre Desplat.

3 Likes

yeah I know him better for his work on Royal Tenenbaums than on any Devo stuff - but what a range to have

1 Like

Today’s playlist. So fucking excited.

1 Like

Read this a couple of months ago too. Enjoyed it, watched all the videos linked too. If anything though, there was too much of an apologetic tone for Devo’s less-good material rather than sycophantic hyperbole which I would have loved more of. The context of their style, background and everything in context of the music scene around them at the time was cool though.

1 Like

i hope you have a lovely time at the Devo concert :smile:

1 Like

and Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked!! He’s unstoppable!

3 Likes

Bought that in Oxfam a few months ago, not read it yet

1 Like

As someone who can’t help be way over the top in my excitement about the things I love, I’m always a bit deflated at how measured the 33 1/3 authors are. I dunno, if there’s one place where you can just let loose without a rogue TKC around the corner with an opinion, it’s a book specifically about one album from that artist.

1 Like