dial a booze

My wifes parents live in Norton (Gloucestershire) and there is one pub in the village. It doesn’t allow children. Absolute fucking jokers.

Think it was more common years ago but still get some twats thinking its a good idea

quite a while ago i went to a party in west london where they did this

now i just stash my personal fridge full of booze so i won’t run out (nearest shop closes at 11)

My local off licence is on deliveroo

I love the idea of you turning up at a house party with a personal fridge.

I’m surprised at the Stockbridge Tavern cos it’s pretty much urban middle class family land around there.

(But also the staff in there have been proper patronising to my girlfriend on more than one occasion when she’s ordered beer, so fuck that place.)

If my memory is correct, they closed at 8.00 every night.

My mate used to regularly take lady friends to the karaoke there.

reason for my personal fridge is that when i’d jsut moved in to my current house a housemate nicked my quiche

#neva4get

1 Like

there’s a lot of craft beer-only places on Deliveroo and I shudder to think who they cater to. it’s like £24 for a 6 pack of craft beer.

i’ve definitely been to a party where k-man has delivered towards the end of the night. i decided to pack it in coz we’d run out of beers and someone :eyes: had pulled a bottle of pernot out of their bag. i guess k-man prob did dial-a-booze as well? should have asked since i didn’t want any ket

yeah k-man did a neat line in tinnies that had been discontinued 5 years go. And brands of export that you definitely don’t get for sale in the UK.

3 Likes

When I was 17 and none of the bars would let me in with my family. Was really strange and I felt awful

Certainly wasn’t aware of a general policy, but both Bow Bar and Blue Blazer are of the increasingly uncommon no food/ beer only.

Sorry you missed out as both are great little boozers.

1 Like

My mate’s sister once called a taxi firm and asked the driver to drop off 10 B&H and some blue Rizla. I couldn’t believe her front, but she couldn’t believe nobody else did it. She was pretty much doing a proof of concept for Deliveroo in 1995.

1 Like

Probably chumps like these :point_down:

4 Likes

I’ve used that before. Actually did two orders at the same time - one for food, other for beer. Felt moderate shame

1 Like

I’ve put one together when I worked in a beer store, except the boss never updated his side of the app so the guy was given 6 other overpriced beers of my choosing (which were all shit beers we couldn’t get rid of)

felt sorry for the poor bugger

I haven’t seen it for a while but in Uni days you’d definitely get cards through with mobile numbers on advertising such things. This was when pubs closed at 11 and off licenses / supermarkets put shutters up over their booze. Only used it once, took about 2 hours for a slab of Fosters to arrive at a house party which cost about £30, interest in it dwindled very rapidly. probably a bloody good money earner for people doing that back in the day. I also recall the first weed we managed to buy was off a card posted under a windscreen, an eight of cheap hash arrived fairly promptly in that case.

Melbourne has a fags and booze uber too

24 hour Tesco’s

Big fan of this very earnest review on their Facebook page

Looking at this has also led me to discover they have a drag regular called Ophelia Balls :no_mouth:

3 Likes