Diary / journaling

I write about what i see rather than what i feel and then if feelings come into it its a by product and feels less cringe. So I’ll write into my phone about the landscape of my commute or something but it makes a noce place based journal and i think is a good way to write earnestly but centering it around something else

I used to, though they went through a long spell (a year or so) where they promised to develop a lot but did nothing at all. They offered their own syncing service at the time but it wasn’t encrypted, meaning that all your journal entries/photos went into their cloud and could be read in plain text. Not ideal.

I migrated to Bear, a note taking app that allows you to tag any note you make in any way. I have a ‘journal’ tag, and within that a ‘2022’ tag, and within that a ‘June’ tag, and would add a ‘16’ tag under that if I was writing an entry today. It displays on the page as ‘journal/2022/june/16’, and lets me look at a specific entry if I want, or a specific month of entries, or a year, or everything.

It’s also a general note taking app, so I use it for all my writing. Absolutely love it.

1 Like

Thanks, sounds interesting, I’ll check it out

1 Like