Did anyone tell you folks it's evening thread time?

Tesco keep selling eggs in plastic boxes recently instead of standard cardboard :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Was listening to Roxy Music and Bryan Ferry yesterday.

Smoke Gets In Your Eyes is such a stunning track. I think I heard it three times in a row.

1 Like

literally about to eat a tin of baked chickpeas for tea. a new low.

what’s going on with this? sainsbos have the same.

it says that on the pack that the plastic is recyclable everywhere, but the council say only plastic bottles can be recycled?

Noticed tonight that Clarence Court are doing a box of ‘mixed breed’ in a plastic box. Was quite stunned.

#himiddleclassmessage

Feels like a Disintegration kinda evening.

1 Like

Top five please.

Think someone on here said a while back there was a shortage of cardboard egg boxes for COVID related reasons. Dunno if that’s still true.

My back is improving! I will not do a celebration dance however because that genre of silliness got me in this mess in the first place

I will do a serious stance

can I ask you guys a question?

There was a big shortage of egg boxes in lockdown - when you couldn’t get eggs in the supermarket it was less an egg shortage than an egg box shortage. So I guess plastic boxes are back because consumption is the most important thing and guck recycling

1 Like

You just did

PSYCH!

2 Likes

Went to close the window and saw that outside has that beautiful and rare yellow-tinged storm light but R isn’t asleep yet so I can’t go look at how pretty it is :frowning:

Weird that it’s not gone back to normal now though - everyone’s given up baking again

1. It Fit When I Was A Kid (Drums Not Dead)
  2. Loose Nuts On The Velodrome (TTUAIATAPAMOT)
  3. Plaster Casts of Everything (Liars)
  4. Scarecrows on a Killer Slant (Sisterworld)
  5. Mr You’re on Fire Mr (TTUAIATAPAMOT)

That was really hard. Drums not Dead is my favourite album, but it’s a complete album and hard to pick a track from

1 Like

Maybe they don’t want to get caught short when inevitable Lockdown II strikes

Within 5 minutes of being in the car my dad crowbarred in a “you’re a lesbian” comment, into something which literally did not even, NOT EVEN THE TINIEST MOST TENUOUS BIT, have anything to do with our conversation.

What the fuck is wrong with him??? He hates everyone I go out with and we’re in a pandemic, what the fuck does he think I should be doing about my singledom. Stupid cunt. Arghhhhhhhh

1 Like

I agree about DND but can’t believe you’ve left Scissor off there.

I’ll do mine later…

Scissor would be no6 probably. I really really like the debut.

Evening all. My night’s been brightened no end by this story about An Post launching a series of Father Ted stamps - all with quotes from the series - and Mrs Doyle having quite the interview on RTÉ about it…

2 Likes