Did you know this?

My friend had a big fancy house and it was pebble dashed. He had a cupboard you could walk in full of toys :man_shrugging:

That is how a lot of renders are applied now, including the textured ones, especially on the large projects.

It’s kind of sprayed on to a mesh, which holds it in place.

1 Like

Don’t think it’s a good idea if you’ve got kids cause I always wanted to pick at the little stones.

2 Likes

That guy must have a pretty strong right arm

1 Like

isn’t this rough casting? Is there a difference between rough casting and pebble dashing?

Same thing I think? We called it rough cast in Scotland.

1 Like

Ha! So basically I’m a genius even though I didn’t actually know this is what pebble dashing is and not just getting cummed on

1 Like

No, it’s slightly different. Roughcast uses smaller stones and is pre-mixed before application.

I thought the other pebble dashing referred tospraying the bog with droplets of semi liquid poo

4 Likes

Does it look pretty much the same? Like I said we called it rough cast but it looked like the video. Maybe we were calling it the wrong thing

It’s really satisfying. Almost as satisfying as snapping the peaks off this kind of artex.

4 Likes

honestly, if I was rich, I think i’d pebble dash my house.

look how cool this looks:

3 Likes

It looks similar, but not quite the same - roughcast is smoother than pebble dash

1 Like

1 Like

Oh yeah, that too.
Poor pebble dashing, needs a positive PR campaign

Is that not full of asbestos?

This guy does it with more sass than I’ve seen before.

@marckee can I ask whether pebble dashing improves insulation on a building? does it also make it more weather resistant?

No idea. @marckee?

40 odd posts and no one has mentioned pebble dashing the toilet yet?