Didn't know Sam Smiths was run by such a mad cunt

2 Likes

I guess you could say that he’s only got money on his mind. Maybe the writing’s on the waaaaall.

3 Likes

Lovely to see a man named Humphrey

He’s not even called Sam the absolute fucking pisstwat.

12 Likes

Humphrey Smith might be a complete fucking cockwomble. I wouldn’t know.

He could be a sinner, or a gentleman
He could be your preacher, when your soul is down
He could be your lawyer on a witness stand but
He’ll still face the swearing ban, ban, ban

They’re proper grim places. Noticed that it’s usually recent northern implants who want to go there, god knows why.

1 Like

I sometimes suggest them for the reasonably priced beer, but then wake up with taddy belly the next day and never learn my lesson.

Alright Howard Marks

1 Like

Spoons is probably cheaper and stock a wider variety of beers.

I can get a pint for 2.50 at spoons and they stock peanuts.

But the beers are crap in Sam smiths, most of them have those stupid cubicle booth things, and the vast majority of Sam smiths pubs I’ve visited have been filthy.

So basically:

Go to Sam Smiths pubs – support some awful prick who treats his staff like shit
Go to Spoons – support some awful prick who has wet dreams over Brexit despite the fact it’d fuck up his entire business cos taking back control

Where’s a man to get cheep beer these days

i think most pubs ban dealers tbh

Tesco

I am drinking a beer from Tesco right now!

1 Like

i thought The Chandos was nice enough when i was in London. never been to any others.

No point paying under £4 for a pint (cask) or £5 (keg). Guaranteed to be piss in a glass. Obviously you can still get a shit pint for more than that, but it’s less likely.

Cheap thing in ethically dubious shocker

1 Like

There’s one in Cardiff Bay that’s actually really nice and serves peanuts (in various iterations including honey roasted). I used to go there on split shifts when I worked at a restaurant nearby. It has a snug, and I like their cherry beer.

But yeah, your man Humphrey seems like a true blue donut.