Dilemma thread

You’re in a toilet cubicle. There’s someone in an adjacent cubicle. You don’t know who it is. They sneeze. Do you say bless you?

• No, it violates the quiet sanctity of the cubicle
  • Yes, I’m not being responsible for someone’s soul escaping ffs
  • No, but I never say it anyway
  • Smart-arse “gesundheit” option for @marckee

0 voters

14 Likes

1 Like

If someone says bless you, then I have to say thank you, and that’s already far too much like having a conversation for my liking.

1 Like

“you alright in there, it’s been 45 minutes?”

“…”

1 Like

if I spoke to someone who was in the bathroom and they didn’t answer I would worry that they’d passed out or died

I do hate when people I live with bother me while I’m in the bathroom. Like we live together, we see each other practically all day every day, give me ten minutes of peace.

1 Like

I’d freak out if someone else in another toilet cubicle said anything to me

2 Likes

DiS has made me cackle on the toilet before and I realised I must seem like a fucking maniac

3 Likes

“hey mate, how is it today?”

Saying “bless you” seems wrong at all times because I’m an atheist. When someone sneezes I say nothing or, if it seems necessary, offer them a tissue. If they’re in a toilet cubicle, they have access to tissue already.

1 Like

I never say bless you in any situation unless they look like they’re going to kick off cause somebody hasn’t said it.

like a guy at work looked visibly annoyed after he sneezed the other day and said “bless you” to himself sarcastically

If i sneezes in a toilet and someone said bleas you, I’d think they were a complete oddball

1 Like

Bleas you

2 Likes

Usually just say “You’re so good looking”

1 Like

saying bless you is possibly the most pointless thing of all time

(unless they’re fit, obviously)

1 Like