Dinosaur Jr thread of appreciation

bruh nahhhh… Beyond is one of the great comeback albums. Green Mind is class too.

Never understand why people criticise where you been for being overproduced. Think the instrumentation and production are incredible throughout. One of the deepest, densest, most evocative albums i know: up there with superunknown.

4 Likes

Any fans of j’s weird falsetto? I love it!

5 Likes

Also, love the dual m/f vocals in the chorus here:

7 Likes
1 Like

I also absolutely rinsed Farm the year that came out - really solid album.The CD copy I got had a mastering error on it that meant it was ridiculously loud and blown out.

I loved the long jammy ones, but this was a really strong single:

1 Like

Possibly my most played song at age 15

1 Like

One of my most seen bands. Fond memories of listening to them constantly at college in the mid nineties. I last saw them few years back at the Kentish Town Forum, probably time I see them again

I think my CD must have had the same error, I assumed it was meant to sound like that.

1 Like

this isn’t on Spotify for some reason but the rest of the album is? like it’s been jettisoned from the album. weird.

First few thousand pressed were like that. I love it myself, absolutely blows the head off you.

3 Likes

Lovely stuff

7 Likes

It’s my favourite too - exceptional album - though Living all over me, Bug and Green Mind aren’t far behind.

Got to be honest, i don’t remember how this Japan no.1 goes. handing in my fanboy credentials in shame.

1 Like

Absolutely the most reliable live band there is these days.

Used to have a t shirt of the album cover. But can barely remember a song off the album.

1 Like

Apart from feel the pain.

1 Like

‘Grab It’? That’s pretty good!

1 Like

isn"t feel the pain on this one?

It’s a great book although (full disclosure) my mate wrote a lot of it

1 Like