Directions Thread

Use this thread to give directions to places

Oh you’re not far off at all mate. Just another one, two hundred yards down this road, mate, on the left hand side with a big glass front. Literally can’t miss it mate, yeah, alright, no worries, take it easy haha, yeah mate!

2 Likes

under the hair salon

1 Like

My parents house is in the country and quite hard to find as it’s buried in amongst some trees. I once drunkenly drew a very elaborate map on a number of sections of kitchen roll at a party for my friend to use. It worked! I was very proud of my map making skills.

However if you were to ask me on the street how to get somewhere I tend to get a bit flustered and either say I don’t know or end up walking you to said place.

2 Likes

Really good start, thanks

1 Like

You’re gonna want to make a right under the railway arches there then head left and it will be on your right hand side as you walk up. Absolute doddle mate.

Ever given someone wrong directions on purpose?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I’m really bad at giving / taking directions. It’s weird - I literally know how to walk, say, from my parent’s house to the newsagents. But if you asked me to tell you the directions, I wouldn’t be able to!

3 Likes

Sometimes wish I could survey people who I’ve given directions to, to see how often they were useful and actually helped them find the place they were going

Reckon I’d probably be down at around 30% success rate

1 Like

Same!

Used to tell people I didn’t live in the area to avoid giving them the wrong directions

1 Like

Also listening to people give me directions, if it’s anymore complex then ‘next left!’ It’s not going in my brain!

2 Likes

Head to the roundabout by Tor Quarry, take the exit signposted to Ledstone that looks like it leads to nowhere and it’s about 500 yards down there on the left.

@The_Respected_User Can you please confirm whether this is a thread to give directions or talk about how good you are at giving/following them. Seems to be some confusion.

This reminds me of being nervous at a uni fresher’s week event; someone asked whereabouts I was living and I just blurted out the postcode

2 Likes

Me every single time: “it’s just down there on the left”, while gesturing wildly to the right.

1 Like

To each their own and to all a great life

1 Like

What a lovely sentiment. Thank you.

1 Like

And you can’t take directions either because you don’t know how to look where someone’s pointing.

1 Like

:point_down:t2::point_left:t2:
:point_right:t2::fu:t2:

1 Like

Directed someone to Queens Road Peckham not 2 hours ago

1 Like