DiS 11-a-side football // autumn games // dates for your diary

It’s been a while since you’ve heard about the DiS FC 11-a-side team, but I’d like to inform you that we have 4 games coming up between now and Christmas, so on average about 1 a month.

• Sunday 29 September, 2 PM: reds vs blues at Regents Park
• Sunday 13 October: international friendly vs CCC (details t.b.c.)
• Sunday 10 November, 2 PM: reds vs blues at Regents Park
• Saturday 30 November, 12 PM: international friendly vs Cardiff City Journalists at Market Road

You will be reminded closer to the date to confirm attendance, but for now, please put these dates in your diary to avoid any clashes with the rest of your busy lives.

Reckon I can do the first two but not the second two :+1: :-1:

1 Like

Unfortunately it’s inevitable that not everyone can make every game. Good to see you at some of them though.

2 Likes

In for the 2 red vs blue games (although I’ll definitely need to recheck closer to the time).

In the diary anyway, cheers Arth

1 Like

After talking to you about this so enthusiastically on Friday, I’m actually in Greece for the first one 🤦

I reckon I might be able to make the ones on grass as I’ve only got boots these days, the astroturf trainers bit the dust a long time ago

1 Like

any thoughts about another trip up north? Summer 2020?
@Aggpass with some of us Mancs coming across?

I would be more than happy to organise the pitch, play and could put a couple of people up if there’s interest

Would your 11s team be up for forming the opposition with a few ringers?

1 Like

I’m sure I’d be able to make up the numbers with our players if needed aye

1 Like

The last time I asked we couldn’t get the numbers. Now that many of the DiS FC players are married with kids, it is difficult to get away for a weekend.

That said, I’d personally be up for it.

Personally even with kids and a wife, I’m always up for a weekend away! But yes I understand.
Perhaps a few of us could see if there’s a game we can make a trip down for

1 Like

I’m going to pencil in the 10 November as a potential trip down to the big smoke spoiler[/spoiler]

1 Like

I’d be keen on returning from the wilds of Glasgow to make up the numbers if this happens.

There’s a small chance I might be down London way around the date of the second game, tbc.

Annoyingly, I’m definitely down the week before the first of the November games: would’ve been good to tie it in but hey-ho.

1 Like

Yep could well be keen for this. Last played dis football in 2007 but am reasonably fit!

The first DiS Football game took place in November 2008.

In that case you’re probably overqualified.

We like this!

Please sign up when the thread for each individual match appears.

1 Like

Are these games still on?

• Sunday 10 November, 2 PM: reds vs blues at Regents Park
• Saturday 30 November, 12 PM: international friendly vs Cardiff City Journalists at Market Road

10th Nov game has been moved to 17th Nov. New thread/email/Facebook event with opportunity to sign up due tomorrow.

30th Nov game to go ahead as planned, formal announcement on 19th Nov.

Sweet!