DIS 11-a-side football in LONDON - SEPTEMBER 7TH

Be fun to get a game in at some point this summer. No idea if we still have the numbers to do so, where or when it’ll happen but let’s see

• Would like to play football with my Internet friends if the time and place suit
  • Would like to come and watch
  • NOT INTERESTED
0 voters

Would be able to play in

• London
  • Manchester
  • Glasgow
  • Just like polls
0 voters

Preference of location

• London
  • Manchester
  • Glasgow
  • just like polls
0 voters

@Tuna @wikihock @svenrokk @dots @aboynamedgoo @eltham @waffle @elthamsmateowen @HobbesWhenHeWasNew @TVDenimChap @meths @eems @Severed799 @keith @gonad @vamos

footy?

(my memory is bad, also lots of former DiS footy players don’t post anymore or even have accounts here, I mean you @ohgood :pensive:)

5 Likes

@The_Respected_User being done dirty here. I approve

3 Likes

oh yeah, should ask him if he can get Ormsby for us

Dunno who got cb Dave to ring in but assume he’s far too big a deal in the podcasting world to play with us plebs now.

Royter & umlaut both played too right

yeah they did

umlaut even had a DiS game for his wedding!

I scored a deflected goal directly from a corner via his head once

1 Like

Hopefully hoogy has a rolodex we can use

4 Likes

Hello

6 Likes

@p_a_u_l @blind_pilot

5 Likes

Genuinely think I’d be in real cardiac trouble if I tried playing football currently.

1 Like

I reckon the spectators would be when they see you in shorts

18 Likes

there was going to be a game in lockdown wasn’t there?

@aboynamedgoo

“One day we will play football again.”

light the beacons

didn’t you play in goal once? maybe you could do that again, and we wouldn’t even expect you to be a modern keeper or anything!

an old-fashioned DDG-type pure stopper will do nicely x

@AnnaKarenina you should play

1 Like

HERE WE GO

6 Likes

Our last ever game was on 19 January 2020.

I tried to organise a game in September 2020, after the game in March was cancelled, but another lockdown was announced so that never happened.

And just to clarify, while I’m perfectly happy to provide contact details for all the former DiS players, I have long retired from organising football matches - not just DiS FC but my work 5-a-side as well - so someone else will have to step up.

7 Likes

If we look like we have a viable date I’ll dm you for a ringer book if that’s OK. Happy to organise but will need some local knowledge for pitches etc. Wherever we end up playing

4 Likes

I can’t play football because I’m knackered but I’d love to be there in a managerial or administrative role.

3 Likes

Magic sponge man

2 Likes

oh snap, @marckee !!

I’m sorry I forgor to tag you

1 Like