Whittington Park Football Pitch
Unfortunately, To Madeira have had to withdraw from our planned friendly this Saturday due to a scheduling conflict (i.e. they have to play a cup game this weekend). My attempts to find a replacement opponent have failed, so we’ll revert to our traditional Reds v Blues game.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are changing rooms and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43, 263 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 4 December: Reds v Blues (4 PM, Whittington Park)
Thursday 15 December: Annual Awards Night (7:30 PM, Craft Beer Co., Islington.)
Sunday 8 January: Reds v Blues (4 PM, Whittington Park)
Sunday 29 January: Reds v Blues (4 PM, Whittington Park)